husky 36 oiling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o8f150

Tree Freak
Reaction score
i finally was able to get this little saw out and run it a bit,, it does run good for a 36cc saw but the oiler is not working, i pulled the oiler to check to make sure the gears are ok and they are fine,,the rubber seal looks good,, i cleaned out the tank with fuel mix and it is open all the way through,,i know that because when i had it on its side i had mix all over the bench:bang::bang: ,, i even tried 5w30 in it to see if it would pump and still no go,, the only thing i can figure is that cheap little pump itself needs to be replaced,, any ideas????? and yes i know its an orange poulan

I had a similar problem with mine once. I did as you did and pulled the oiler and found just a few little pieces of wood in the small passages. Cleaned up and oiled fine. That saw never pumped the thick summer grade well but the thinner winter grade worked fine.

I had a similar problem with mine once. I did as you did and pulled the oiler and found just a few little pieces of wood in the small passages. Cleaned up and oiled fine. That saw never pumped the thick summer grade well but the thinner winter grade worked fine.

wish thats all it is,, all the passages are clear,, thats why i think i need to replace the pump assembly

wish thats all it is,, all the passages are clear,, thats why i think i need to replace the pump assembly

Is that the kind with the plastic gear that hits the metal gear on the saw, and it has a shaft through the housing, with a teeny hole on the end for the oil transfer? If so, ain't any eyeballs check difference between a working and non working one. I went through that here with one of mine, had to try a few used ones to find one to work correctly. Eyeballing them, I can't see much of any diff. Maybe the plastic gears get wuss and under load they flex too much, but you can't see that as it has to be corked up to run it. That's a guess though.

I think a brand new everything oiler for those saws is like fifteen bucks or so. If it is that kind, if not, disregard what I said.

Is that the kind with the plastic gear that hits the metal gear on the saw, and it has a shaft through the housing, with a teeny hole on the end for the oil transfer? If so, ain't any eyeballs check difference between a working and non working one. I went through that here with one of mine, had to try a few used ones to find one to work correctly. Eyeballing them, I can't see much of any diff. Maybe the plastic gears get wuss and under load they flex too much, but you can't see that as it has to be corked up to run it. That's a guess though.

I think a brand new everything oiler for those saws is like fifteen bucks or so. If it is that kind, if not, disregard what I said.

that be it zogger,,, i even drilled out the 2 little holes a bit and that didn't even help,,, i plan on stopping and get rick to order me one and see what happens,,, i am not ready to give up on this little saw yet,,my wife likes it

Back