Husky 365 warms up fine, bogs down at idle when warm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it have a zama carb? Jonsered 2165 had this problem with those carbs. Walbro had the other carb for the model. Never had a problem after I switched.

Early 365 had the Zama carbs too.
It was intended to be a consumer saw that Husky would sell for $200-300 less with differences from the 371 362. The 365 had a Zama carb. To the best of my knowledge, was equipped with a different crankshaft the first year but they failed. They had and continued to have a lower suggested rpm limit at 12500. 1000 rpm less that the other two mentioned. It was rated to have a lower vibration rating too. I would contribute this to the lower revs.
The crankshafts were problematic, as well they eventually fazed out the Zama carbs but I believe they still had zama carbs when the 372 came about.
A saw builder I know phoned husqvarna in about 2008 and asked a rep the difference besides the price. They said the 365 is a consumer saw but he said why is one a consumer saw if the only difference is 2mm on the bore?
...as he explained be has had them both apart.
They couldn't give a satisfying answer for the price difference.

Obviously their original introduction had differences. I just buy the new 365 and transfer my top ends from my timed out bottom ends.
*Not a zama carb fan at all.
Good question though. Nice to know the age of the saw and what carb and coil it has.

??

Does it have the black coil Liam? (OEM)?
Black coils don't run halfway in my experience.

*Edit... The black coils will just die an instant death the bule ones will
start going out of time.
Hence: running halfway

Does it have the black coil Liam? (OEM)?
Black coils don't run halfway in my experience.

*Edit... The black coils will just die an instant death the bule ones will
start going out of time.
Hence: running halfway

The coil is blue. Something to check out for sure. Haven't had the time to tinker. Might just order a coil for ***** and giggles ! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early 365 had the Zama carbs too.
It was intended to be a consumer saw that Husky would sell for $200-300 less with differences from the 371 362. The 365 had a Zama carb. To the best of my knowledge, was equipped with a different crankshaft the first year but they failed. They had and continued to have a lower suggested rpm limit at 12500. 1000 rpm less that the other two mentioned. It was rated to have a lower vibration rating too. I would contribute this to the lower revs.
The crankshafts were problematic, as well they eventually fazed out the Zama carbs but I believe they still had zama carbs when the 372 came about.
A saw builder I know phoned husqvarna in about 2008 and asked a rep the difference besides the price. They said the 365 is a consumer saw but he said why is one a consumer saw if the only difference is 2mm on the bore?
...as he explained be has had them both apart.
They couldn't give a satisfying answer for the price difference.

Obviously their original introduction had differences. I just buy the new 365 and transfer my top ends from my timed out bottom ends.
*Not a zama carb fan at all.
Good question though. Nice to know the age of the saw and what carb and coil it has.

??

It's got a zama carb on it. I'm thinking of upgrading to the walbro. Also as another post mentioned the blue coils were problematic ? Another thing to check out. Thanks!

Check the ignition coil for chaffing.... that silly thing has a way of wearing through. If it doesn't fire reliably while running, it'll act like it isn't getting enough fuel.

This may be a source. I'm looking into the carb and the coil. Thanks!

Back