Husky 365: Will it mill?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IchWarriorMkII

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Okay, this is an extension of my 353 Bigger brother thread. I was out cutting Russian olive trees today, and had the thought of milling some of the straight chunks into 4x4 posts for some landscaping/ maybe some 2x4's for building a wood shed.

While it will hardly be able to pay off, I think it would be a interesting project to keep me occupied this winter. Also, it would be neat to build a wood shed from the trees Im cutting.

Would the 365 have enough grunt to do some pretty low end milling? Or would a 372XP be the bottom line?

Also, whats the ticket for poor boy milling? I'd like a bandsaw set up, but I think a chainsaw rig would be easier to justify and pay off in the short run.

If you limit yourself to fairly small stuff in small quantities, it should work. Back before he was banned, Sap provided a good post on his work with his Husqvarna 455 as a milling saw. Probably his only good post, too. Is this saw the best choice for milling? No, but he did make a nice cedar fence with it. If you keep your work similarly small in scale, a 365 should work.

I'd think that a 385/390 would be a minimum for meaningful quantities of milling, and a 395 would be a better choice still.

milling

Post this thread in the milling section and you will probably get more replys. I have milled with a 365 it does great on 15inch and smaller red fir and other softwood.

Latest posts

Back