Husky 372 replacement...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBush

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I know that the Husky 372 has been discontinued. I am wondering if the Husky 576 is the direct replacement or is Husky coming out with a "373" or some other new model?

I know that the Husky 372 has been discontinued. I am wondering if the Husky 576 is the direct replacement or is Husky coming out with a "373" or some other new model?

seems like 'strato' saws are the only new saws we'll see. can't say. I would not bet on an improved 37x. nearby dealer mentioned there were still 1000 nib 372s available nationwide.

co-worker runs a 372 and a 576, his complaint about the 576 is it does not seem to have the speed and throttle response of the 372, and the supposed trade-off of more torque does not seem to be there.

Husky 372

Baileys seems to have them right now. They are one good saw.

seems like 'strato' saws are the only new saws we'll see. can't say. I would not bet on an improved 37x. nearby dealer mentioned there were still 1000 nib 372s available nationwide.

co-worker runs a 372 and a 576, his complaint about the 576 is it does not seem to have the speed and throttle response of the 372, and the supposed trade-off of more torque does not seem to be there.

I run both as well.
Or, rather, I run a 575, and the 372 sits in the truck in case I get pinched. The 575 I have will out cut the 372 all week and twice on Sunday. It does rev a little lower / slower, but with a sharp sharp chain it will keep spitting sawdust when the 372 gets bogged to a stop.
My biggest biatch is that the 575 uses fuel. The 372 will run at least 10 minutes longer to a tank.

So this explains why Bailey's is offering 372's in it's spring mail-order sale flyer. Called the customer service line at Bailey's and the price is $789 for the standard handle and $799 for the wrap handle version.

Latest posts

Back