Husky 372 XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopm

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I generally try to stay with smaller wood (<36"). However I keep having the opportunity to pick up some larger stuff nobody wants to mess with. Buying another saw is not an option. So, with that said my 372 has a 20" bar, what would be the advice on pushing it a bit. What bar and chain combo would it carry without any major modifications?

Thanks in advance for your response!!!

You can run 24" full comp chisel chain all day with no worries. I cant speak to the capabilities of the oiler and what the largest bar you could run even with a skip chain. I couldn't imagine anything over 30" on that saw, that might be a stretch even, but you might want to wait for someone more knowledgeable to cpnfirm before you make a purchase.

Ok...thanks for the responses.....28" is what it is.....now how about some specifics on bar and chain combos.....what to avoid is more important than what to go with.....
Thanks again!!

Ok...thanks for the responses.....28" is what it is.....now how about some specifics on bar and chain combos.....what to avoid is more important than what to go with.....
Thanks again!!
Mine has a 28 inch Oregon bar running .50 gauge Oregon lgx chain. Other nice bars would be sugahara, Carlton or spend big bucks and get a cannon bar

No big bucks to be spent.....had this saw for 10 years + and it has given excellent service...to have been found on the side of the road. Tried for nearly a year to find an owner with no success.

Found a 372 on the roadside . . .

I think you've just opened a whole new category of "you suck." (Be sure you understand what that means on here.)

CB

Latest posts

Back