husky 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motosierra

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Howdy...Off the top of your head can anyone tell me the correct spacing setting between the coil and the magneto/flywheel?:msp_unsure:
many thanks...

Use a business card, .008-.012 will work and a card is about .010 and it's easier to use. Loosen the screws, slide the card in and let the magnet put the coil up to it, set the screws and remove the card....done in 30 seconds!

Thats what I did and still no spark ...so I guess my coil is shot?...

It is in an aftermarket big bore 52mm , 372...she was running wide open under heavy load (about 18" of hard wood) and she ran out of gas...filled her up with fuel and could not start her...no fuel to the cylinder.....so I opened up the carb...the needle valve (in the carb) was stuck wide open and the little lever(control to needle) was bent bad....got that fixed but then realized I had no spark...cleaned up the coil and matching surfaces...set the gap with the business card..and no spark... maybe coil is shot and I should try an unlimited coil? ...:dizzy:

Hey Watson,

I ended up in AR, maybe the same thing happened. When you figure it out, ...... :)

Read Watson's info.

Sorry I hijacked your thread.

As for your saw, you are on the right track.

Back