Husky 385XP in Oak: VIDEO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still like stihls though but husqvarna definetly makes saws that will last and will take a beating and keep running strong as ever....

For me it is simply a feeling thing. I just like how Husqvarnas handle overall. I consider them both a very high quality product when it comes to both maker's pro lines. :msp_thumbsup:

i've been milling lately with my 385 xp, 30 inches of yellow cedar starts to get a little much for it, but it only has to last until i finish rebuilding an 076.

its been great for me though, much better than my older 2100. i think the 2100 just needs some maintenance though, i replaced spark plug and fuel filter, is there anything else i should do ? i'm kind of new to chainsaw repair and maintenance and could use some pointers.

Looks good Wes I'll be wanting to play with it when you get over !
Brad is right, a 7 pin would suit most of the work over her my 394 had a 8 pin when I got it but I changed it to 7 as I found the saw to easy to bog down.

I don't have the time to do so, but I'd love to see how this one compares to my 066BB that I like so much. This 385 has 170 PSI compression without a popup. Can't beat that.

Looks like you do nice work Brad. Do you have a shop or just doing on the side. I just joined AS and live in Fairfield.

Looks good Wes I'll be wanting to play with it when you get over !
Brad is right, a 7 pin would suit most of the work over her my 394 had a 8 pin when I got it but I changed it to 7 as I found the saw to easy to bog down.

It's only fair for Ireland to have a ported Husqvarna now in addition to that 441 of yours. Is that 394 stock?

Sounds good,

Anyone notice how it stopped dead in its tracks at the 43 second mark?

Low rakers and not the soundest log by my judgement.

The first cut the chips were awfully dark eh?

Knots and knobs are pretty hard fo sure.

I have some videos of it before it was ported. I'll put them side by side in the same wood on YouTube and we can draw our own conclusions as to the improvements. Until then, it's all conjecture.

Sounds good,

Sounds good,

+1.

I have no problem with stop watches,I kind of like them.I also have no problem with opinions. I do have a big problem with people that believe name calling,harassment,insults,slander and stalking are part of their opinions. Stalking on this site is when someone follows another member around and reacts negatively to all or most of their posts.I would hope that all of us would be mature enough to get past our little differences and move on.

Latest posts

Back