Husky 41 and 36

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRLE

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. What is everyones thoughts on the Husky 41 and the Husky 36. Any info would help. Thanks

I've seen 141s and 136s. These are huskys two smallest models and are actually poulans. Haven't really heard many bad things about them but for just a few more $$ I believe you can get a 340 which is a step up in power and quality as it is a swede made saw.

I've seen 141s and 136s. These are huskys two smallest models and are actually poulans. Haven't really heard many bad things about them but for just a few more $$ I believe you can get a 340 which is a step up in power and quality as it is a swede made saw.

I've got a 141, it is a poulan. Here it was only $40 more than the poulan at crappy tire but I bought it from a dealer so its got some backup. It needed the carb adjusted right away so having the dealer helped, also it has the 2yr warranty and I believe the lifetime warranty on the ignition like real huskies.
It cuts wood, pretty well when the chain is sharp, so I keep the chain sharp.

I think a real husky saw was about $150 more so its up to you. Its no firewood saw, I imagine 20-30 cords would be the end of it but I've got other saws for that.
Ian

A 350 should be just under $300. A 353 will be probably between $329 and $369, depending on if you buy it from a dealer or online. It depends on how much you are going to use the saw and what you are going to do with it. Both good saws but the 353 being a pro saw, will outlast a 350 and also has a bit more power.

I am doing some tree work at the cottage. Im thinking25 to 40 hours of work with the saw. Can you recommend a saw that will handle the job. These trees are 20 to 26 inches across. Would the Husky 350 or 350 be okay?

Here is a few idéas.

1) Safety first!!!!!!
2) Knollege
3) Saw
4) It is the brain that does most of the work, not the saw.

I would study a bit, and look at prices with the dealers nearby.
Talk with them, be upfront and say what you are about to do, I am sure you can learn much.
If you find the 36/41 saws interesting I have some info for you.

I usually rekomend the 55 as a fire wood/farmer saw.

Safety first!

Mange said:
Here is a few idéas.

1) Safety first!!!!!!
2) Knowledge
3) Saw
4) It is the brain that does most of the work, not the saw.

I would study a bit, .....................

I usually recommend the 55 as a fire wood/farmer saw.

The brain is the most important safety equipment!

In fact it is the only safety equipment that some of us use! Not me, anymore. ;) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
brent denny said:
The latest versions is the 142 and 137 (intro sometime last year). I agree with you about the 340, but I think the 350 is a more sensible choise. There are more differences than just the cc's and power.

Personally I went streight for the 353 when I shoud replace my "learner" saw (Poulan-built Partner), and I do not regret that! :)

Is there still 340's to bye new in the US :Eye:

I must have read this wrong...
That saw is intruduced almost 30 years ago.
Good saw, but if you look at that old saws,in that size, the 444 is better.

Latest posts

Back