Husky 41 and 36

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still think the 55/455 is a good choise, it is a bit more forgiving if/when mistakes are made. The displacement is a big factor.
But the prices I have no clue of.

Mange said:
Impressive!!!
But is now considered a consumer saw, :cry:

I thought it had always been a consumer saw.

Anyway Husky defines the different categories of saw differently around the world all the time :angry:, so I wouldn't worry too much about that! :)

The current 340 is similar to the 345 and 350. It has a plastic crankcase but no decompressor like the other two. Im not sure if it has steel av springs or a side tensioner like the other two. The 350 is the only one with the adjustable oiler. I dont think this saw shares any similarities with the older 340 which had a metal crankcase (I think). It is a consumer saw but that whole family of saws has had a reputation for being pretty good saws.

I have had a 136 untill a few weeks ago, and used it a few times a year for limbing and bucking, and have found it a good saw : easy start, great handling, easy to maintain. Cannot comment for durability though. I would recommend this one for occasional users. Have it replaced with Stihl MS 200.

140, 240, 340, 444, is the same, and the 44 was the "farmer saw" off these.
444 has a different oiler, but same crankcase/cylinder/piston, most of the covers, even carbs.

Mange said:
140, 240, 340, 444, is the same, and the 44 was the "farmer saw" off these.
444 has a different oiler, but same crankcase/cylinder/piston, most of the covers, even carbs.

Those models were produced in Sweden, weren't they. Even the model 40 belonged to the same "family". It looks like a "farmer" model, as the one I have seen had a black top cover.

I think that they were of higher quality than the Poulan-made 36, 41, 136, 141, 137 and 142.

SawTroll said:
Those models were produced in Sweden, weren't they. Even the model 40 belonged to the same "family". It looks like a "farmer" model, as the one I have seen had a black top cover.

I think that they were of higher quality than the Poulan-made 36, 41, 136, 141, 137 and 142.

Yes, I agree.
39, 40, 40 Practica, 44, 44 Rancher, 44 Practica was in the same famely.
None of them were pro saws.

Back