Husky 435

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've run a 68dl (17 inch), .325 pitch chisel chain setup on one (I guess close to your 18inch question). No problems....good torque and power. Strong lightweight saw. Runs very strong for 40.9cc engine. For plastic crankcase/clamshell design, they are a very good deal compared to other similar choices. Quality of part fit is very good compared to other brands. Compared to build of like models in Stihl and other major brands it should cost a lot more, but is lower cost.

From the way it pulls the stock 16 inch bar I would have to think a 18 would be fine, this little saw could easily pass as a pro (XP) model.

Agreed, very strong running saw for 41cc. It would probably do OK with an 18" .325 set-up, but would be better suited to 14-16" 3/8LP, IMHO. I use mine a lot, and it doesn't like a lean carb setting, even though it rpm's nicely and pulls strong at high rpm's.

The stratto-charged engine seems to prefer a slightly richer "H" screw setting or it looses some mid-range power. This shows up when you start cutting up larger logs with most of the bar buried. Doesn't seem to matter with limbing, and cutting smaller material.

The 435 is very well constructed, and ten times the saw the 141 was that I purchased new about 12 years ago. I recomend them frequently to others, and it's a great saw for a homeowner who is only going to own one saw for small jobs.....Cliff

Latest posts

Back