Husky 44 chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country_Boy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I inadvertantly posted the wrong model saw on a question a few weeks back but the answers where still applicable so thanks but the saw is a Husky 44. Question does anyone know where I can get a new fuel line, also are parts available anywhere, I know its an old saw.

Here's a IPL for your saw. Make a list of part numbers you're looking for and get back to us. We'll then check price and availability and get back to you. Here is the fuel line you're looking for:

501 45 83 01 01 FUEL LINE 44 $10.47

Let me know what you need. I purchased a parts saw to repair mine and have some left over parts. I will check on the fuel line if you still need it. I think that the 44 is a great little saw, but mine does not see much use any more. I usually grab the 5100 instead.

Jim

Husky 44

I will, I just ordered the fuel line from a local dealer. My problem is it runs well when cutting in a horizontal position but when I am limbing and have the blade angled towards the ground it wants to die on me. Orginially I posted it was a 55 because at the time I wasn't near the saw and thought that was the model but its actually a 44. I had a lot of replies and most said check the fuel line first so that is first on my list. Do you think the carb might need a rebuild with the symptoms I just described, diaphram going bad? I am pretty handy and might tear into it if it just needs rings and I can get them. I figure if I can get it running right and use if for a few more years its better than buying a cheaper lesser saw which is about what I can afford right now. I love the saw its a good worker and I would love the satisfaction of getting it working again. I am into old Allis Chalmers garden tractors and love working on them, those old machines work circles around the new ones.

Husky 44 Grande Dog

I tried the link you posted for the parts on the saw and it brings a blank screen, could you check it, thanks for you help I appreciate it.

I recently have bought a used Husky 44 (my first Husky) and I haven't checked the compression yet but man that thing has so much compression that no matter how hard I hold it down with my left hand it comes up and bites me in the leg every time I pull start it. I just put a new 18 inch bar and chain on it and it cuts great. I have a Wiz 66 (big Homelite) that did the same thing as your 44, turns out the fuel line in the tank was broken off at the top of the tank. I also had a saw that had a few pin holes in the fuel line and was sucking air when you turn and cut with the saw sideways. It sure does sound like a bad fuel line to me. I buy 4 feet of hose at a time at my local John Deere dealer, between 7 saws and a few other things like leaf blowers and weed wackers I go through a lot of hose.Good luck.:bang:

Husky 44 update

finally got the new fuel line and filter installed and the saw seems to run much better although by the time I got it back together it was dark out so I haven't tried cutting anything yet but looking good so far. It idles much better and I can point the tip towards the ground and it does not quit, I think it fixed the problem, I hope.

Glad to hear you got it back together and seems to run better, let me know how it runs when you sink it into some wood. Also I was curious as to how the old fuel line looked when you got it out. Have a nice Holiday.:popcorn:

Husky 44 update

The fuel line is black rubber and is molded with the grommet built in. The grommet holds it in place in the hole and seals the line going from the tank out to the carb,. The old one was a bugger to get out because of the grommet fitment, I used some long nosed pliers thru the tank. When I finally got it out, i did notice a small tear or hole in it but was wondering it I caused that with my pliers and excessive force. The line itself overall looked pretty good, no real evidence of aging or scoring like you might see in old rubber. The filter looked pretty good also. Cant wait to put it to some use, we were out of town when the wind storm hit last week and I have plenty to clean up on our property and the neighbor ladies, with 25 acres between us there is alot of firewood.

Husky 44 update

Used it this weekend to cut a bunch of firewood, saw runs great. Thanks to all here who pointed me to the fuel line.

Back