Husky 455 with 20" Oregon Rim Sprocket, Bar and chain is LOOSE!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should be 3/8 .050 and72 drive links I use oregon 72LGX072G it works well on clean wood, if your wood had dirt use 72DPX072G. Hope that helps.:msp_biggrin:

OK, I got a new Husky chain and it fixed the length problem but a new one has emerged.

When I pull the chain through, it goes from tight to slack and back again. So it seems there is a problem with the drum, rim or bearings. I have only used spoke sprockets before so I dont know what a bad rim looks like. Any suggestions?

View attachment 311419View attachment 311420

OK, I got a new Husky chain and it fixed the length problem but a new one has emerged.

When I pull the chain through, it goes from tight to slack and back again. So it seems there is a problem with the drum, rim or bearings. I have only used spoke sprockets before so I dont know what a bad rim looks like. Any suggestions?

Are you sure the screw and or adjuster nut(pin) isn't stripped. I've seen the nut stripped and when the bar tightens it will just loosen right back up.

I dont think that is broken. this happens with the bar nuts fully tightened so the bar is not moving. there is something going on at the gear.

edit: the rim and drum do not make a tight fit, there is 1/16' of play, i can move the rim around a little bit. are they supposed to be snug?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back