Husky 50 wish me luck!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Forsh

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
One of the first saws I bought was a Husqvarna 50. It didn't run and looked like S**T. After many months I've finally got it in working order and it's now on the bay.

Now I can find out if my hobby will be self supporting or not. I enjoy what I'm doing, but it has to pay for itself.

All in all it's costs me somewhere around 55GBP (not sure as I've swapped parts about on a few saws.) But if it doesn't pay I will be dissapointed. I don't figure in any money for my time despite the hours I've spent on it, as this is my pleasure. Realistically I should do.

So here we go...

Before and after pics attached for those interested. It didn't run, now it runs sweet.

After

I've sold saws before, and for a good mark up too (I'm convinced spit and polish can make a living on Ebay). But this one is really the first I've actually made a difference to. Thanks must go to you guys on AS. If you've read an earlier posting by me you will know that as of 6 months ago I knew nothing about saws, nor had I ever owned one.

With your help I've learn something new and I have something to be proud of (sentimental P***K) maybe but I am grateful to you guys.

Wish me luck really....before Ebay bankrupts me!!

The bar on that saw doesn't seem to have been flipped over very often, if at all. If the rest of the maintenance held the same standard - no wonder that you had problems.....

Good luck with future Ebay deals! ;)

Last edited:
Dan, from what I've seen on eBayware, cleaning up a saw definately helps bring a better price. Another factor is the description. A lot of sellers are too cryptic, while some that natter on come across as used car salesmen. A well-worded truthful description helps to make the bidder feel good about bidding on the item. There is a bit of psychology involved in selling anything, and that includes saws.

Your saw looks good. Aw ra best...Chris J.

I'd agree, I don't think that the bar has ever been turned, then again I don't think it's ever done much work. But you are right, it was in a filthy state inside and out. Then again I think the filth preserved the paint beneath it. Looks pretty good for a 17 year old saw.

If you notice the custom paint job in the "before" pic I think we can all agree the previous owner was a numbscull.

Chris, I try to be concise and truthful, only reminding potential bidders that they are looking at a machine made by one of the leading manufacturers in the world, plus some basic specs, cc's, bar length etc...

Dan Forsh said:
.....Then again I think the filth preserved the paint beneath it. Looks pretty good for a 17 year old saw........
That's how I preserve the paint on my cars. :blob2: The saws get a lot more attention. ;)

And yes, I agree that it looks pretty good!

Sold it

Well the auction finished on Saturday and the final price was £135, about $240 US I think. Guy happened to be passing through on Sunday so arranged to pick up and paid cash.

Ignoring my time I figure I made about £68, or $122 US profit on it. I think I can now claim that my hobby is self perpetuating.

Dan

Back