Husky 55 runs good until it gets hot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncvarmint

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My grandpa told me that the husqvarna 55 he uses runs fine for a while then dies after it gets hot and won't start back up until it cools down good. What can I look for and check out. He wants to take it to a dealer and I said I could more than likely fix it and save money
Thanks

It's not really a heat issue, but if the fuel tank vent is clogged the saw may run for awhile and then die. It's cheap and easy to crack the fuel cap and see if it helps.

There are 2 easy reasons it might be overheating. Running too lean or chain is dull.

He is good for keeping chains sharp but he never touches the carb settings. he also I'd bad to leave saws in the bucket of the tractor and that's also why he has so many other problems with keeping his saws running. I will get it tomorrow if I can and look at it. What is the max rpms on those saws so I can check it out with my tach
Trevor

Next time it cuts out pull the plug out and check for spark. If no spark replace the plug with a known good one and try again. If you are not getting a strong blue spark it is not going to run.

Good suggestions here. My 51 that did that needed a piston and ring along with a cylinder cleanup. I'd check for spark when saw is hot and also do a compression test when cold and when hot.

Latest posts

Back