husky 575xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a husky 575xp, i was wonderin if anyone had tips on how to tweak it and give it a little more power.

First let me welcome you to AS. Now, take the 575 and trade it in on a 372. I bought the first one from my dealer and it sucked. Im not a Husky basher, i have several Huskys, that run. I could not make that saw run!. I think the factory took them back and tried to fix. Not sure. I know that i dont want one again. My .02 only.:givebeer:

i agree, i almost bought one off craigs list but emded up letn that one go and ended up getn a 372 later on. i have to say im very pleased with the 372

I guess there is a reason (or several) that the 575xp was replaced by the somewhat lighter and more powerful 576xp pretty soon......

...but I would take the older 372xp over any of them!

I have both a 575 and a 372. Both run very wel and neither have ever let me down. The Zama carb on the 575 is a little finicky and needs tuning often. I find that it is tricky dialing in to idle well. Not a big deal if you are just cutting wood for the fire or for fun but I can see how it would be a pita for a guy trying to make a living for it. I like the 575, and I have beat the tar out of mine. Starts first couple pulls every time. All that said, for the money, buy the 372, more parts available and as good a saw if not better than the 575.

575xp

I have all Husky Saws, I use them for timbering and firewood cutting, I have a 262XP, 372XP AND 575XP. The 262 and 372 are excellent saws, the 575XP I have been using it steady, and haven't had a problem with it yet. I purchased it 3 years ago and have replaced the bar once and worn out many chaihs and sprockets. Bottom line is I gotten my money worth from this saw and would purchase another one if I had the chance. I have read many bad reports on this saw, my saw is great?

It is a good saw with a bad rap. I haven't seen much out there for power upgrades (probably because no-one likes them). I would think a muffler mod would wake it up if you wanted to listen to it. I ran 10 tanks of fuel through mine at WOT, all day milling American Beech with a 24" bar. That is a lot of work for this little saw, took the licking and still ticking.

I would not bother returning it, if it's like mine it will be a reliable unit. Open that exhaust up and see where you go from there. If you still need more might have to buy a bigger saw.

As long as it's of the later build years you should be ok. Supposedly only the first two or three years were the bad ones for those saws...

well i bought it used, i got a really good deal on it, i only paid $300 for it, and it is in very good condition. im not using it everyday, i just do some side work and cut firewood on the weekends and after work. so it is perfect for me.
does anyone know where i can find exhuast mods?

Welcome to AS!

Never mind the grumpy old men, they're trying to say "Welcome to AS", it just doesn't come out that way when they type.

At that price the saw will do you fine, most people owning it seems to be quite happy - they just don't brag about it.

Last edited:
i have noticed that you can buy, a nylon mesh air filter or a felt mesh filter fo this saw, what is the difference in these 2 filters? i dont think that the husky heavy duty filter will fit under the cap.

I have 2 of them, and run them crap out of them. I have re-tuned the carb to my liking, and run a 32:1 mix only. I have never once had any problems with them at all. I 'm just waiting for the tax return to come and check out one of those 372's I keep hearing so much about...:)

The felt filter captures fine dust better, so it depends on what you're cutting. If you see a lot of fine dust in the air intake when you take the nylon filter off you might want to get a felt filter instead.

thanks, i live in georgia, so the conditions are usually dry and dusty, especailly in the summer, mine has the nylon filter on it now.

"i have noticed that you can buy, a nylon mesh air filter or a felt mesh filter fo this saw, what is the difference in these 2 filters? i dont think that the husky heavy duty filter will fit under the cap."

I believe the felt mesh is prone to freezing over when used in very cold and snowy climate. I think the nylon mesh prob. shouldn't be used where you are in Georgia. It will let larger particles into the carb\engine. Someone will correct if I'm wrong...

you can probably get by with skip but it's not going to be comfy for you or the saw. If you're cutting oak and stuff I'm going to bet it will be a struggle

Back