Husky 61/272 conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowell B

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I bought this just try my hand at the conversion. Put the new P&C on and modded the muffler. It runs real strong, pulls that chain at 11,500 WOT. I just cannot get it to run with the Tillotson 260A. Floods it out. Any ideas?
20180517_105426.jpg

It could be the fuel inlet needle valve height needs adjusted. I did the same conversion and put one of those Chinese carbs off ebay on mine. I haven't had any problems with it and it was only $13 including shipping.

+1 rupedoggy- Rebuild the carb...

I recently did the upgrade to both my W/T 61's too, well worth it IMO!
Had some trouble running with one orig carb too, bought a cheap chinese AM too, to try (also as a spare)
it works, but it is very touchy. 1/8th turn either way and 'bam' it just dies-
found out its missing the diaphram gasket- (how do you say "doh" in chinese) lol.
But it does work for now...
Keep at it you'll get it!

That's the thing with Chinese parts, you never know what your going to get. I was lucky and the carb worked like it should.

Thanks all
I bought a used 260A and rebuilt it. I put it through an ultrasonic bath in kerosene to clean it out. When I get the chance I will recheck the inlet valve adjustment.

Back