Husky 61

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leftybob

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on a Husky model 61 as to when they were made and cc's of engine.

As far as I know the 61 has been made from 1976 or -77, and it is still a current model in parts of the world.
Is is a "simplified" version of the 162se.
Her in Norway it was in the catalog as late as 2002.

61 husky

there are about 4 different models of 61 husky saws, the last 2 digits on a husky saw are always your cc with the exception of the 2100/2101/3120 where your last 3 digits become your cc if you have more #'s in the front it deals with your type of saw or piston style comercial/non comercial to my knowledge the 61 is a homeowner saw but one of the best low end saws everbuilt if it has an aluminum chain break it is one of the older ones , the best way to see if they are any good is to pull the muffler and check for score marks on the back of the cylendar wall or on what you can see of the piston if that looks good you probably have a saw worth keeping. the rest of it is easy to fix if the cylendar is good.

There also was the 61 Rancher, which was a less powerful and simpified version of the 61.
I would not call the 61 a "homeowner" saw, rather a "semi-pro" one - but it is open for debate........

wradman said:
...... the last 2 digits on a husky saw are always your cc with the exception of the 2100/2101/3120 where your last 3 digits become your cc ......
The last digits put you in the ballpark, but they are often not the exact number of cc.
As an example the 372xp is 70.7 cc, and the 353 is 51.7, and so is the 350 by now......
The 61 is 61.5, as is the 162se.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the reply's. you were a great help. Can't ask about the Stihl's Don't own one. Only know they are a great machine.

If you need any 61 parts, I am swimming in them. They are real torky saws but I'm not real happy with the oiler on them.....might just be me. Just cover the shipping if I have the part.

My 61's serial number ends in an 81. I even went and double checked. I took a picture, but too blurry.

Latest posts

Back