Husky bar shorter than Windsor speed tip?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodshop

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just bought another 36 inch bar for my 395XP for milling, but got a Husky bar from a Husky dealer this time rather than online. Anyhow, layed it down next to my 36 inch Windsor bar and noticed it was shorter. Measured and sure enough, full inch and a half shorter. That means inch and half LESS I can slice with my csm. Also means I have to adjust the thing a bit to fit the shorter bar. Boo...Hiss. Not a big deal, but hey inch and a half is inch and a half! Silly me, I thought a 36 inch bar was a 36 inch bar. Not going to take it back, but next time, gonna get another Windsor if only because its a bit longer.

Husky bar says:
RSN B 36/90 063/1 6
3/8 115DL 92800 FQ

Windsor speed tip says:
Windsor 36HU63STA
63 3/8 119 GK

All the Oregon(Husky) bars seem to be a bit shorter than their WST counterparts. I guess it's a consequence of the Windsor being thinner/longer than the Oregon with the same DL count.

But 1.5"?! That's pretty significant.

Mike Maas said:
Always look at the Drive link count. Chains won't fit both bars and it will confuse things.
115 stamped on the Husky bar, and 119 links stamped on the Windsor. I havn't tried, but I know I won't be able to take up the slack of 4 extra links if I try and use my 119 link Windsor chains on the 115 link Husky bar. Guess I could just take out 4 links... hassle.

GB 28" is 91 drivers, stihl 28" is 91 drivers. I had the dealer take a link out of my 28" chains, and with a 7 tooth rim, they fit fine. I can get it on an 8 tooth, if I pry a little.

Latest posts

Back