Husky blows up the aftermarket cylinder world

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was out this morning buying out a parts inventory of a dealer that's shutting down. I'm gonna jump in and get caught up on PM's, but first a couple updates.

Prices are still holding at these nice friendly levels as of now. A lot of other prices went down also, so this might be the way it's going to stay? Hope so.

We've pretty much wiped Husky out of the popular kits. Backorder dates range from Jan 28 to Mar 17. I'm not the only guy ordering these things either.

I also checked my Jonsered distributor and their prices have not gone down either. Could be they need some time to catch up, or could add further doubt that this was supposed to happen.

Some of the theories you guys are coming up with about why this has happened makes for some pretty interesting reading, that's for sure. :)

I also checked my Jonsered distributor and their prices have not gone down either. Could be they need some time to catch up, or could add further doubt that this was supposed to happen
doesnt shock me at all, there is no coordination in this, look like it only happen for Husqvarna parts in US.

Another update:

They are out of the standard 357 until sometime in Feb. I did order some of those kits that have the extra port for the auto-deco. I will include the "cap and clamp" to cover the port at no charge. It's cool if anyone doesn't want that; just let me know.

Also on the 346 kits; there is a second 44.3 kit that few know about. It is a non-deco cylinder just like the original 42mm cylinder was. I will also have some of those kits available. Some guys may prefer them; but it's really all a matter of what we can get.

Just want to be upfront with everything. Nobody will not know what's heading their way. :)

here in Croatia prices are same, i called few husky dealers and they didn't get any news about that, i hope they didn't because if they did and still selling old prices nice cash will be in their pockets

Also on the 346 kits; there is a second 44.3 kit that few know about. It is a non-deco cylinder just like the original 42mm cylinder was. I will also have some of those kits available. Some guys may prefer them; but it's really all a matter of what we can get
could you please post the Mahle number on this special cylinder when you get it in.
Just genuine interested to learn

I was just looking at Baileys. Prices are all over the map.. I did see one OEM 357 kit for $197, but others were higher. Most OEM kits for XP saws are running closer to $300 still.

And now.... I can't get into their web page to post a link... Must be I'm not the only one checking their prices.

What is the price right now on a 272, I'm sure there are a few owners of that class of saw that would like to do an upgrade

Latest posts

Back