Husky blows up the aftermarket cylinder world

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks WC90 wasn't too far off with his comment about his dealer being greedy!

Hamish, if I recall correctly you're a husky dealer, correct? Have you looked into your system and found a price change out our is it a case of us canucks getting left out of the fun again?
No we are not part of the price change, and the reason is the current value of the CDN Dollar, along with the usual country pricing.

Outside of the chainsaw world, a bunch of Huskys other OPE lines parts are at the lowest cost in the past 10 years, most note worthy would be lawn tractor belts, at least here in Canada.

I am submitting this purely as additional evidence that these prices are looking to NOT be a mistake. In no way am I attempting to divert any potential business away from Spike60, wouldn't dream of it.

Not like I was planning to ship every cylinder in the country. :surprised3:

These new prices are available to every dealer. Some dealers may have a multiplier in their store computers, which is not all that uncommon. In those cases the prices will be higher than what we are talking about here. And like I mentioned earlier, if dealers have them in stock, they probably won't want to take a hit on those things. Nearly all of these list prices are well below the previous dealer cost. Also, once the word gets around a little more the demand will likely be somewhat stronger than Husky expected, so we should all expect some interruptions in the supply line.

But here's one you won't find anywhere else: Got a nice NOS piston and cylinder kit for a Jonsered 920 Super from a recent dealer buy out. $200 if anyone wants it.

Now I'm going to go see what you guys have done to my inbox.............:crazy2:

When my Husky dealer up here starts wondering why all his cyl kits are back ordered I'm sure he'll blow his top because of the price difference and saws he can't repair sitting because the parts aren't available . His pro customers will be pissed too .

Time for an update guys.

Better than a week now and the prices are holding. At this point looks like the prices are not a mistake and the party's not gonna end soon. :)

Inventory is spotty down there as the impact of these prices on sales was pretty much impossible to predict. 372 kits are backordered til March, but I'm in good shape myself. They have some 346 kits, and I'm OK with those also. 357 kits have been more popular than I would have guessed. I have them with the auto deco port, but the regular kits are backordered for a month or so. Keep in mind that the "expected" backorder dates can go in either direction, so don't put too much faith in them.

I'm with you Sunfish, really not surprised at all that 357 kits are moving.

I'm wondering how many of those kits are destined for 359 bottom ends?? ;)

Now we need a thread that has all the current pricing on all the popular kits. List price of course.

I personally for $105 would be tempted to try and fit a 45mm 346 kit on my blown 350 just for giggles.

Hope the new prices include a kit for the 262xp, haven't picked it up yet, but got a deal going for one that needs a top end.

I think bob said the 262 top ends are long gone. But the 272s are still available in brazil so he can get them.

I think bob said the 262 top ends are long gone. But the 272s are still available in brazil so he can get them.

The 272 and 288 are the only 200 series top ends that are available in quantity.

There are just two 254 kits left down there, and after that, they will join the rest on the NLA list.

'Brazilian made" is by Kolbenschmidt in their facility down there; as good as their European stuff.

Everything else is still coming from the same sources. Most from Mahle in Germany. The rest from Husky in Sweden. (359, 550, 562 and such.)

Back