Husky carb. limiters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timistall

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Can the limiters be pulled off to reposition without breaking them or is it best to dremel the nipples off?

If I'm not mistaken, it's just a matter of pulling off the plastic cage surrounding the screws. This allows access to the shoulder on the screws which you grind or saw off. I saw off one which you can then remove which allows removal of the other one so you can grind or saw that one off.
John

Remove the plastic cage and just clip off the tabs with toe nail clippers, very easy.

Does anyone have a picture or two? The limiters on my 346XP are easy to get to and easy to modify. But my 385XP is a different setup with a shell/cover over the screws and screw caps. I played with pulling it off, but it was not yielding and I was afraid of breaking it. Since them I returned my 385 after discovering it was new, but 2 years old and didn't have some of the important mods made to the saw since then, and I'm still waiting for the replacement. But that's another story. The point is that I don't have it in front of me and can't experiment further until I get the new one.

John, from your description it sounds like I just need to pry harder to get the cover off?

Back