Husky carb. question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomdcoker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This carb is on a 125R weed whacker. It is a Walbro. I have not removed it so I do not know the model #. It does not have a choke butterfly. It has a small button on the side that you hold down while mashing the primer bulb. The man at the husky dealer called it a purge button. The problem is that it will crank ok, but the longer it runs the worse it floods until it quits. Pull the plug, blow out the cylinder and blow off the plug, put it back together and it will crank first or second pull. Then the same thing again. It has no high or low screw. I have never seen a carb. like this one so I thought I would ask before I go any further. What could be causing the problem, trash, metering lever need resetting or is there some other internal adjustment. It has two lines that run from the fuel tank to the carb. through a rubber grommet, when it is running fuel leaks out of the grommet and it is on top of the tank. I am wondering if this is connected to the carb. problem or does it just need replacing. Thanks For ant help. Tom

Latest posts

Back