husky guys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshua mason

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
time for another stupid question of mine. the air conductor that fits around the flywheel for the air injection system, what is its purpose and how important is it. will running the saw without one hurt the saw. need one for my saw, and local dealer price it at $18.00, i thought that was high.

I would replace it. That is what redirects the air to keep your filter clean. You could run the saw without it but you should fix it.

I find 18 bucks to be very cheap .... without the AI you will turn it into something similar to a Stihl and you don't want that.

I'm not sure why you Husky guys bury your saws in dirt and chips in the first place. I guess that is why I run Stihl and Dolmar.

Which saw does better bouncing out of a truck going down the highway?

I'm not sure why you Husky guys bury your saws in dirt and chips in the first place. I guess that is why I run Stihl and Dolmar.

Lol :clap:
personally I cut wood with my saws and don't use it as a highway toy ,,,,

On a more serious note...

Joshua, I would run that saw with everything the way it was designed. If it had it, I'd get it. They probably put it on for a purpose.

Stihl on a serious note...

I honestly have never had any of my saws even burp due to a clogged air filter. I just blow them out at the end of a work day. I suspect someone that worked at a mill or something might have more of a problem than me in the woods.

Unfortunately the video may not tell the whole story. Looks can be deceiving when looking at air filters. It isn't the big chips that give you troubles it is the small particulates that either plug up the filter or pass through. A sharp chain and some common sense will avoid most problems.

I truly think that the Husky system seems to be a fantastic design. I would just for kicks like to see them compare air flow before and after rather than base it on just appearance.

+1

Latest posts

Back