Husky help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streeter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a little 142 I bought @ 7 years ago when I lived in Arizona. I used the hell out of it cutting mostly lodge pole pine mesquite, eucalyptus ( tough/very hard wood) about 30 hours of hard use. Now I moved back to New York, the saw sat for 2 years with tank empty. I pulled it out last week and started cutting wood and it ran great for about 20 minutes and crapped out. I was able to tear into tit to figure it out, plug was soak with gas, so I pulled the carb, seals good, cleaned it, put it back together, it fired up and died. I pulled the plug soaked again, pulled the carb and looked down to the piston, no scoring, looked down the spark plug hole and thought it was carbon, black crap?? I tilted the saw sideway and pulled the cord and blew what looks like silicone or very soft rubber out?? Carb is clean? rubber boot from carb to piston jug is great? compression is great? Where did this stuff come from??
Did I fubar it, I am an auto tech and have no problems pulling it apart, I looked at parts diagrams and can not see where this would come from? I like the little saw, I don't want to call it dead yet as it has served me very well. I thought I would try to see what to look for before I pull it apart this weekend. Thanks in advance for input.

Please read 1st post. Fuel line is not black, and carb is redone 2 times. This was black and soft, like silicone in gas (ever see that) and very soft rubber seal??

Please read 1st post. Fuel line is not black, and carb is redone 2 times. This was black and soft, like silicone in gas (ever see that) and very soft rubber seal??
Fuel cap gasket deteriorate over time? It's got to be something between the tank and the carb

but did you put a new diaphragm kit in it,,, what you posted you just cleaned the carb

I would take the carb back apart in put it in an ultra sonic cleaner,, for some reason it is flooding real bad,, double check the lever height,,, as far as the goo goes I have never seen anything like that in the cylinder but have seen it in the tank,,,,, it is a possibility that one of the crank seals came apart,,, if it is black and rubbery and your intake boot is good I would pull it all the way down and check the seals

08f150, LOL, after your last post I got thinking about that. Is there a height/angle it should be at, like a automotive carb.

Latest posts

Back