Husky III Bull Rope?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking for a light rigging line and through my research understood that a double braid was a poor choice for natural crotch rigging. I guess because the weight is not evenly distributed through the rope. It is interesting that these husky ropes seem to work well with natural crotching. I was looking at this line before I heard that double braid was a poor choice. I have been thinking about getting a 150' section of arbor-plex for its value and ability to withstand natural crotching- if anyone has any input, or thinks the husky rope would be a safe choice... Let me know!

And just to beat a dead horse, you've seriously never had an issue natural crotching with this rope? No significant burns?

light stuff no problem. When you get into wood it will turn into a wire cable, deffinetly needs a pully ive had about 5 of them so far.

I have 200 feet of 1/2 husky and I think its pretty decent. Goundies say they like it ok. I natural crotch with a porty all the time and it has held up pretty good. hackles up a bit but its nothing a good rope man cant manage. It hackles less if a block is used. personally, I like double esterlon the best. I would not bother with arbor plex myself. Although i have 120 feet of it on the truck. Dam thing wont die. But its only for a pull line or VERY light rigging. I have had it a long time. It quickly takes on a rough texture that I dont care for.

Thanks for the reply regarding the arborplex TreeAce. I had a feeling there was a reason that it was priced so low-
I heard that the arbormaster line might be a good choice for natural crotch rigging.

Back