Husky Oil Cap 501564504 Where oh where are you?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another Husqvarna expert just told me this saw is from 1981, not 1971, as the other Hsqvarna had told me. The bar is stamped 1971, along with a lot of other martian code which I can't interpret, so now I'm even more confused....0-380-72 3/8 2050 0396TS View attachment 684951

I posted this on the other thread but might as well include it here for future references, bar looks like a Canadian made Windsor one, patent date irrelevant as to when it or the saw was made, its a 20" bar with 72 drive links, 3/8" pitch, .050 gauge , the mount style does not correspond to which saws it was made for. Bars made by Windsor had letters most often to denote bar mount patterns, those used on Husqvarna d009 mounts were usually designated as HS or HU , your bar has TS so that might be a number they used for bars made specially under contract to Husqvarna.

Thanks for stopping by Nikko. The OP is trying to determine the year this saw was made, does the Patrica have any meaning on what factory the saw was made at?

I'm not sure, but I have a "feeling" that this is a Swedish made saw. Do we even know that it is a 65L, and not one of the earlier ones?

We think it is an earlier saw, 65A model from the early 70-`s.

That's possible, if the starter cover isn't the original, and they started using the kind of number tag used on this one earlier than i think.
Btw, L and A aren't the only possible letter suffixes (or some times prefixes) used on the 65 - several of the letters inbetween also were used, at least in some contexts.

As I already said in the other thread, I'm not an expert on this model - and there also are parts of the "semi-official" story about it that I don't feel are well documented.

Back