Husky or Stihl...you decide.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Id like to hear everyones thoughts on the two different brands of saws. I personally prefer Stihl, but am not opposed to owning a Husky, in particular Im looking at the 338.

Now, lets have it......

I like 60cc plus Stihl line up, 50cc Husky. I think the Husky 350 is about the best bang for the buck you can buy! I think the Stihl ms192t is the best top handle dollar for dollar (yes the 200 is the better saw, but look at the price!!!) The Stihl 210-390 is not bad for the money, just don't buy one and run a pro saw, you are ruined after that!! I wish I knew what was comparable to my Husky 262 now so I could talk my freinds into one of them, wicked good saw!!!
I think it comes down to the Ford/Chevy/Dodge war, they all have good ones, they all have bad ones, and it comes down to which one do you want to work on when it does break!!!
Andy

fishhuntcutwood said:
HA! I guess so.

So I guess I don't need to direct Casey to the 347 previous threads discussing Stihl vs. Husky do I? This thread is purely for conversational purposes, eh? Fair enough.

:popcorn:

That would be a yes........
BTW: I would bet that Jeff would vote Stihl, just a hunch:dizzy:

Along the lines of this thread.... I went to the Boonville woodmens days over the weekend. I was amazed that 85% of everything around there was husky, Stihl maybe 13% the remained assorted. Another interesting observation was the new 575 was everywhere! You would have thought that was the only model husky made. No doubt Husky spent quite a bit stacking the cards in their favor through sponsorships.
The deals were real good too... I bought Husky brand 24" bars for $35 and their 24" chains for $13..... $660 bought either the 575 or the Stihl 441 at a few places ( I passed, too rich for my personal firewood cutting)

I should have made it a poll, end this "family Feud" once and for all!!!!

Jeff, this is just for conversation purposes only. I'm tired of Tom hogging the limelight, and I want a piece of the action.

As for me, Its about aesthetics. Stihl has the two-tone thing going on. Husky is just "Blah" mono-tone color scheme.

Let's see, I have 16 or 17 Husky's, probably a half a dozen or better Echo's (EVLs) and one 026. So put me down for Husky :D

BTW, Im going to post a pic of myself, just so you all know who you want to brow-beat when this surpasses Toms thread......

attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back