Husky Rancher 55 Carb question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.Co181Inf

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all. I have a Rancher 55 that's running like crap. I'm wondering what the needle or float setting is asking for my partner who does our chainsaw work but hates computers.

Flush with flat base in bottom of carb or slightly above. Have u removed limiter caps from H and L jet screws? Or rebuilt carb? Also check fuel line to make sure not linked or it has a hole where it goes through tsnk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have rebuild kit, new fuel line. Saw was running perfect until the left bolt holding the carb in came loose because previous owner had stripped the hole out and JB welded the bolt in. it came lose and saw started running like crap because carb came loose and was sucking air. I put bolt back in( it wouldn't really snug up) cut for another 30 min fine, it came loose, and ran like crap, I shut it down. We tapped the whole, put in new bolt, saw hasn't run right since. It acts like it's choking out and not getting fuel when we try to throttle it up. Just weird because it was perfect before the loose bolt and tapping in new one.

that intake "bulkhead" and the impulse grommet on cylinder base are the most common culprits. Ive heard of guys using a nut on the backside of the bulkhead, instead of relying on the plastic threads.

Back