Husky Sprocket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC Cole

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
was having trouble getting the Ranchers chain tight so just grabbed the other Rancher and did what I needed to do. go back and pulled the cover to see what the issue was ( I just hadn't tightened it enough duh) decided to look at the clutch and clean the old girl up a bit. thought I would small impact the clutch nut/ drum off. uh uh not happening . I was amazed this little Porter Cable will pull lug nuts I torqued to 80 ft lb. over ran the nylon piston stop twice. I switched to rope and threw som PB Blaster into the fray. The Rancher just laughed.
Then I broke out a long handle 3/8 ratchet and didn't even grunt and it broke free ?????????
any way I think the rim sprocket has seen better days, but I saw something I had not noticed before. Some body school me please. the rim has some lines on it at the drive nest, BUT not all of them do just some , I know the sprocket is a little hammered but I really didn't think it was enough to obliterate these lines, what are they and why such an irregular pattern ???IMlines.jpg lines 2.jpg

Set the chain on that rim and notice how the chain side chassis rests on the rim itself, now imagine that the rim applies turning torque in only one direction. This causes the forward side of the chain chassis, tie straps and presets , to rub harder on the forward facing ends of the chassis than the trailing ends do, more so if a chain is loosely tensioned.

That one went back on, The Rancher 55 I inherited when my brother passed on was hammered. I decided to change things up a little and have ordered a 18" .325 bar chain and sprocket. I have alway run 3/8 20 inch bar on these 2 so I want to see what difference it makes. But I have not forgotten you, as soon as I get enough to fill a box I'm gonna send you a week of this 74 degree weather we are having.

That one went back on, The Rancher 55 I inherited when my brother passed on was hammered. I decided to change things up a little and have ordered a 18" .325 bar chain and sprocket. I have alway run 3/8 20 inch bar on these 2 so I want to see what difference it makes. But I have not forgotten you, as soon as I get enough to fill a box I'm gonna send you a week of this 74 degree weather we are having.
You keep that weather, you need it more than me :).
That saw should like the 325x18.
That's good, it looked almost new to me.

Latest posts

Back