Husky spur to rim sprocket change

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hokiebob1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm in need of a new sprocket and am thinking of changing the current spur sprocket to the rim style. When I get the parts (along w/new bearing) do I have to change the oil pump drive at all, or will it mate up just fine?

thanks

I changed my 61 over and didn't have to mess with no oil pump. May not apply, but I wanted to see my Kubota ZD28 avatar under Hard Knocks Kubota RTV.

I'm in need of a new sprocket and am thinking of changing the current spur sprocket to the rim style. When I get the parts (along w/new bearing) do I have to change the oil pump drive at all, or will it mate up just fine?

thanks

Shouldn't have anything to do with the oil pump. Just replace Spur for rim... EZ-PZ.;)

Gary

duh, that would have been helpful--sorry. Its the 353 and it seems somewhere I heard/saw that the drive needed to be changed, but I figured I'd ask the experts.

thanks
b

duh, that would have been helpful--sorry. Its the 353 and it seems somewhere I heard/saw that the drive needed to be changed, but I figured I'd ask the experts.

thanks
b

:jawdrop: 353 with a spur sprocket??????:confused:

...never heard of that before, I think.

If your 353 has a spur sprocket you will have to change the oil pump drive.
The pump drive with the spur sprocket is a 5038920-02
You need a 5038921-02
The rim kit is 503 9800-71 (clutch drumb, bearing, rim)

I just checked to see what was different about the two drives. The drive cogs on the spur sprocket are wider than the ones on the rim.

Thanks Hardknocks--for some reason I thought that was the case, but not having it apart and comparing pieces, I wasn't sure. Now I'll buy everything the first time and save a trip.

Wonder why the same saw is apparently offered with both spur and rims? Is this common?

I recently had my 61 converted to seven tooth rim sprocket from a spur. Also had the oil pump done while we were in there.

I recently had my 61 converted to seven tooth rim sprocket from a spur. Also had the oil pump done while we were in there.;)

Back