Husky T435 adjustable oiler backwards?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Reaction score
Got the T435 the family bought for my brother for Xmas in hand today.

Manual says for adjustable oiler clockwise INCREASES the flow of oil and anti-clockwise REDUCES the flow of oil.
This is backwards to my 372XP which clockwise closes off the oiler and counter-clockwise opens up the oiler to allow more flow.

Can anyone confirm the backwardness of the T435's oil pump adjustment?
I'm assuming it's backwards because the saw is really a red-max saw if I read correctly somewhere and red-max does it backwards?

I don't really want to turn the oiler all the way in clockwise to find out if it's actually oiling or not... and overheat a bar.
We'll make sure at least some oil comes out w/o clutch cover on when spinning clutch manually... might be tough to derive which way causes more oil flow... No bar length to number of turns guidance in manual either -- I was thinking just turn it all the way up, but don't want to discover all the way in clockwise is minimal oil. Bar that came with it is 14".

Manual is dated 2012-03-07 on the back and the oiler adjustment is mentioned on page 36.

Can't wait to give him the saw for xmas / birthday (bro was born 12/24 xmas eve).

We'll make sure oil spins off the bar when pointed at a stump or whatever, but would like to run w/ the right setting out of the gate if possible!

well on my t435 theres three adjustment points. I would just run the middle, I have 14" on both of mine and they oil well.

I checked the oiler this eve -- manual is wrong -- molded right on the bottom of the saw is a link w/ oil drop on it and arrow that gets wider pointed counterclockwise w/ a + sign and arrow gets narrower with a - sign at the clockwise end. Dealer had it set right in the middle -- so I'm all set. Thanks for the info Ndigity26. Where are you in Mass? I'm in Lancaster. Know any of the crews on Big Bad Wood? My brother used to work with Dougie from American Climbers years ago.

I checked the oiler this eve -- manual is wrong -- molded right on the bottom of the saw is a link w/ oil drop on it and arrow that gets wider pointed counterclockwise w/ a + sign and arrow gets narrower with a - sign at the clockwise end. Dealer had it set right in the middle -- so I'm all set. Thanks for the info Ndigity26. Where are you in Mass? I'm in Lancaster. Know any of the crews on Big Bad Wood? My brother used to work with Dougie from American Climbers years ago.

I live on grape cod, I don't know any of those guys I hope their not as dysfunctional in real life as they are on tv. I feel like these guys ham it up a bit for tv like sliding down the boom of a bucket truck. Im going to be doing some clearing out in buckland which is western Ma. after Christmas I forget where Lancaster is. Yeah I looked at the arrows on the bottom of my saws and I didn't even consider what they showd, I have ran them in the middle with 14''s on them for two years now and they run well throwing plenty of oil. I try to use a premium oil as well. These are good climbing saws very good bang for the buck and they have decent power. have your brother open up the muffler and pull the spark arrest.

I didn't think mine oiled enough once I started cutting with it, so I turned the oiler up all the way. It emptied the tank in just a few minutes of cutting, so I turned it back down. Mine is set somewhere between the middle and max.

and to be honest I think I do the same on my 372 and 365 lol. actually no that's a lie I run the oil all the way out on both because they have bigger bars on them.

I didn't think mine oiled enough once I started cutting with it, so I turned the oiler up all the way. It emptied the tank in just a few minutes of cutting, so I turned it back down. Mine is set somewhere between the middle and max.

I really think theres only three points the adjuster can sit low, mid and high on the 435. I think a 16'' bar might be a bit much on those saws. If I wanted a 16'' bar I think id grab a 50cc to climb with and prune.

Weird, I didn't feel any sort "click" when adjusting it...not that I remember anyway. I don't think I'd run a 16" on mine either. I've got a 14" on it, and I think it would really be a lot happier with 12".

Weird, I didn't feel any sort "click" when adjusting it...not that I remember anyway. I don't think I'd run a 16" on mine either. I've got a 14" on it, and I think it would really be a lot happier with 12".

Did you open up the muffler, that helps a bit. Ive cut using the full bar and with a good chain it will pull all right with the 14'' I mean of course a 12'' would be less stress. My adjuster on the oiler isn't super distinct either.

I haven't done anything to it but run it. It probably hasn't gotten 20 hours of run time yet. I ran it a couple of weekends ago and it was acting up. I think I have it tuned too rich, but did not have time to fool with it and ended up just putting it away and using another saw. I might pull it out this weekend, or I might just get one of my S25DA's or S25CVA's running instead. :laugh:

Back