husky T540 tree saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeWannabe

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
just about a month using my 540 and couldnt be happier the saw has put husky tree saws on top 4 the 1st time ever thats hard 2 say after running 020s n0200s 4 15yrs with no complaints husky finally got it right gas n oil caps are where they should be mounts are there where b4 it was a solid tool box wt a pointed bar n its snappy and it idles even when hanging why they couldnt do this wt 335 338 i dont know but i hope stihl loses the 201 an comes back 2 the top sucks going to 2 different saw shops

i have been toying with the idea to get one of these to replace my 2135t. Just dont know if i want to spend the money with it only being a part time saw.

i have been toying with the idea to get one of these to replace my 2135t. Just dont know if i want to spend the money with it only being a part time saw.
The next husky down is a good saw 4get what its called redmax has a version of it 2 think its around $300

thnx havent really kept up wt the 1000s of new #s n names of husky n stihl it seemed the numbers on huskys went by cc n stihl took the o from the front added a ms put the o in the back wtf now u cant get parts from an 036 to fit a360 that wont fit a 361 .362 ect

I still regularly use my 338xpt, but the T540 has been a great saw for me too over the last 7 months i have had it. Defiantly puts Husky on top in the top handle stakes. Once it gets warmed up it has great power and idles well hanging off my harness. I do prefer the 338 for jobs where i am not cutting much but re-positioning a lot. The T540 doesn't like being used intermittently. It can be harder to start and get back up to temp if left off for long periods. Small complaint though for the best top handle i have ever used or owned.

It has been 2 years. Would you guys (and others) mind updating your opinion on the T540 vs. T435 vs. Stihl ___ for climbing/topping?
Thanks.

I want to try the little husky top handle they sell in other countries, it's like a husky ms150t...

Back