husky vs stihl -air filtering process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only Stihl that matches the Husky Air Injection is the 441.

I can cut until I'm whooped with my 280 or 660 before the filter is packed at all. Either way, you should clean your filter every day.

There ia a video around that shows a side by side of a stihl and husky sucking chips. The stihl 044?? air filter was packed up and the husky was clean. They both appeared to still be running though. My new 441 does not pull nearly as much dirt into the air filter as the old 044/440. Good thing since these air filter clips on 441 are a PIA in my opinion, but they probably help keep the dirt out. :dizzy:

The only Stihl that matches the Husky Air Injection is the 441.
my roomate uses a 441 and a 440 all day building log homes, he says none of them stay even close to as clean on the filters as my 365 and 371xp do. and thats generally what i notice when ever i run into a 441.
the winter kits make the husky tend to get the filter dirtier faster as they pull warm air in from off the cylinder, with the winter kit its about hte same as a 441

i cant for the life of me see how the husky's can breath, with what little bit of air is being shot in and around by the flywheel, vs the stihl's that suck what ever amount of air they need from where ever.....im done rambling for now

There ia a video around that shows a side by side of a stihl and husky sucking chips. The stihl 044?? air filter was packed up and the husky was clean.

Luckily for me, I don't tend to opporate saws completely within a pile of sawdust or sand or packaging peanuts or... :laugh:

my roomate uses a 441 and a 440 all day building log homes, he says none of them stay even close to as clean on the filters as my 365 and 371xp do. and thats generally what i notice when ever i run into a 441.
the winter kits make the husky tend to get the filter dirtier faster as they pull warm air in from off the cylinder, with the winter kit its about hte same as a 441

I can go 5-6yrs between filter cleanings on the 441.

LOL, yup. That one I got is going on two years now, I'm still debating whether to knock off that one saw chip stuck to the filter after 3200 cords of wood,hehehehhehe.

I Guarantee my 441 filters better than any Stihl I have ever run or owned. To answer the original poster's question, I believe MOST Husky filter systems are better than a comparable Stihl in staying clean longer during operation in similar conditions.

5 days ago i bought i got a new filter from baileys, it was the first time i changed the air filter in my 365. i got the saw in 99. the air filters last a very long time on all pro saws, as long as you knock em out every few tanks

i cant for the life of me see how the husky's can breath, with what little bit of air is being shot in and around by the flywheel, vs the stihl's that suck what ever amount of air they need from where ever.....im done rambling for now
the carb isn't just sucking the air from by the flywheel. the flywheel is forcing it into the carb enclosure. not to mention that the carb enclosure isn't air tight. and it has a cuple holes for the H/L and idle screws. lots a room for that carb to breath.
air filtration is just one of the things husky has better. stihl is better than husky in other areas. air filtration isn't one of them. the 441 is close and is a big imrovement over what i have seen on the 440 but still not quite as good as husky in that area. its okay... we will get though this together :D

Not trying to be the oddball, but no one has mentioned the Intelicarb, which can really save your donkey when you are in the middle of a cut. The idea of a carb that reacts to its environment, I like that idea, but it is no excuse to have a dirty filter!

There a big difference between a dirty filter and a blocked filter. In my experience serving neglect crap, if the oily fine black crap packed into the filter that affects flow. Saw dust from a sharp chain rarely materially impedes the flow.

Nobody picked up the intended sarcasm? The saw is just a year old.:monkey:

Edit: Except for THALL...

Nobody picked up the intended sarcasm? The saw is just a year old.:monkey:

Edit: Except for THALL...

Whatcha talking bout man, hell mine is up to 3300 cords since I last posted, still only one chip on my filter,haha

Back