Husky vs. Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lakeside53 said:
Stihl doen't need the warranty! :cheers:

haha, Lake your something else. You are correct, they are few and far. Any dealer that thinks they are going to make a ton of money doing warranty work on Stihl is in for a rude awakening.......

sugarbush said:
Bad-E, your in for some bad press. came hardly wait to see the Incomeing.

hahahaha Sugar. I loaded up the rocket launcher and set the sightes on it and all but then I though heck the man may be right. Some dealers are product fried and arrongant as hell so I can't argu with him. Not all dealers are good ole boys like you and me, durn shame too. I did notice that broom handle you was using there to stir the pot you sucker,hahahaha. Sugar you are a catbird indeed......

PWB said:
Working on a bottle of "The Glenlivet" right now.

Three stihls here, no good husky dealers close.
034 super

ah... I smell the peat...

McCallum 25 is nice, if someone else buys it... "luckily" I do so much free neighborhood tree works that I could hang out a sign - "will work for (good)booze". Cleaned up the road and a half dozen long driveways after a recent storm with my blower, didn't tell anyone, but they figured it out and got 4 nice bottle of wine over the next week...

Lakeside53 said:
personally, a good single malt scotch does it for me... I can smell the peat smoke rolling down the glens, but I digress...
Been there, smelled that, Dunoon and points north of the river Clyde. I remember my first single malt. It was at the Ben Lomand Hotel with friends. It was an old Scot's Whiskey and an older hotel (even old at Scotland's standards) 'bout halfway along the Loch Lomand road...perfect...:cheers:

THALL10326 said:
hahahaha Sugar. I loaded up the rocket launcher and set the sightes on it and all but then I though heck the man may be right. Some dealers are product fried and arrongant as hell so I can't argu with him. Not all dealers are good ole boys like you and me, durn shame too. I did notice that broom handle you was using there to stir the pot you sucker,hahahaha. Sugar you are a catbird indeed......
Can't take this stuff to serious, hell we'r only talk'n chainsaw's. not like it's the national debt. Thall, If you come across to your costumers as you do on this forum, It must be a hoot In your shop.

Chevy vs Ford
Remington vs Winchester
Budweiser vs Miller
Boobs vs Legs
Dominos vs Papa John's
Dale Jr vs Jeff Gordon
Stihl vs Husqvarna.....

all good, take your pick

Stihl 361 or Husky 359. Pro saws are worth it in the long run.

sugarbush said:
Can't take this stuff to serious, hell we'r only talk'n chainsaw's. not like it's the national debt. Thall, If you come across to your costumers as you do on this forum, It must be a hoot In your shop.

A hoot, whattttttttttttttttttt, ya dag on tootin Sugar,haha. My customers drop by all the time, stick theyre head in the door and go hey man just stopping by. I try my dayummest to treatem all good, makem feel good and most importantly I let them know full well I want their business. I rarely sell a customer and never see them again. They always come back for more jokes, carring on and most importantly they know they are welcome. They spread the word theres this crazy sucker over at the Stihl place that is fun to shop with as well as get good service. They are my free advertisers. So Sugar I'm just like you, one of the good ole boys.......

JPP said:
Chevy vs Ford
Remington vs Winchester
Budweiser vs Miller
Boobs vs Legs
Dominos vs Papa John's
Dale Jr vs Jeff Gordon
Stihl vs Husqvarna.....

all good, take your pick

I agree too. Thats why I opted not to buy a Chevy "Husky" and went for the Cadillac "Jonsered".

Motoskier

Why all the fuss over dealers?
Doesn't anyone work on their own equipment any more?
I have a plethora of saws and work on all of them,no big deal take them apart figure out whats wrong and fix'em.
Husky's, Stihl's,Solo's,even an old Allis Chalmers.
Thanks for listenen !

g. dunfee said:
Why all the fuss over dealers?
Doesn't anyone work on their own equipment any more?
I have a plethora of saws and work on all of them,no big deal take them apart figure out whats wrong and fix'em.
Husky's, Stihl's,Solo's,even an old Allis Chalmers.
Thanks for listenen !

It doesn't do much good to be able to do your own work if your dealer can't or won't get you the parts you need. Or if they try to stiff you for inflated prices.

If you buy a new saw, it is kind of nice to have a good dealer who you can trust, who will give you good service and look after you in the case of any problems.

Like it or not, even if you do your own work, a good dealer makes your life a whole lot easier than a bad one. Good dealers help you out, bad dealers make your life more difficult.

tonka said:
Stihl 361 or Husky 359. Pro saws are worth it in the long run.
The 359 is hardly comparable to the 361 when both are stock.

You will need the 357xp to even be close.....:deadhorse:

clearance said:
... 93-94 and almost everyone ran a 266XP, killer machine. .... At that time and now the Huskies rev up a lot quicker ....
Well we all (?) know that you are one of the few people who actually dislikes the 361. :blob5:
According to other people with a lot more basis for comparison than me, there is nothing wrong with the way the MS361 revs up, quite the contrary I believe ......

Last edited:
I have both and the one I like best is the one I am using . To close to call

Now scotch on the other hand is an easy choise Delmore Cigar
:cheers:

Laphroaig Vs Nothing

LAPHROAIG
Love it or Hate it.....there is no in between.
This is what the real Dreaded Homeowner drinks.:clap:

Lakeside53 said:
ah... I smell the peat...

McCallum 25 is nice, if someone else buys it... "luckily" I do so much free neighborhood tree works that I could hang out a sign - "will work for (good)booze". Cleaned up the road and a half dozen long driveways after a recent storm with my blower, didn't tell anyone, but they figured it out and got 4 nice bottle of wine over the next week...
Buddy of mine brought back a 20 year old bottle of Highland Park he picked up right at the distillery. Awesome stuff! Too rich for my blood though!
Another friend has a bottle of single malt from a new distillery on the east coast of Canada, Guess you can't call it scotch! Still haven't had a taste yet, he says it's a little different, but good.........
I don't have a blower, but my road grader has a blade on the front, does the same job. Got to be careful when the ground's not frozen underneath! Only messes I made this year were in my OWN driveway, thank goodness!

I know, off topic.................... Sue me!

Latest posts

Back