Husky x-torque design ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i pretty much don`t care who invented it, i just want to know all the technical facts about it.
Although i think creamy saws are a bit sissy:clap:

I'm no engineer but the short of it is....A strato engine makes use of second intake channel to scavenge the burnt fuel/air from the cylinder with clean air. This helps complete the burn and keeps the incoming charge from making it into the muffler before compression.

In this vid, the clean air is blue. It can be seen crossing an extra port in the side of the piston. It then sits in balance above the fuel charge (green) before the piston opens the tranfers to scavenge and reload another charge.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/blQXNfliZ9c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/blQXNfliZ9c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Only a dyno can show true power gain but if there is any to be had in a strato, my guess would be due to a longer stroke. I'm sure the techs will chime in on that.

X-torq is the name for the new engine design, not a marketing bluff, LOL. It's huskies version of a strato engine, copied after the 441.:biggrinbounce2:

Nope.
The 455 Rancher was out for several years before the 441, and the 441 copied the Rancher system. LOL!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

You are right about the 361 - that probably was Stihls best design ever. It is a pity that they were too slow at using that basic design in other saw sizes!

It also is a pity that they had to "demote" the US version slightly, because of EPA.

:cheers:

It was a great saw, not Stihl's best though. We all know that was the 044/440. The 361 was also way over hyped, it really needs a MM to get going. I like the new strato models, I just don't care for the spring anti-vibe. I will have to live with it though. :cheers:

It was a great saw, not Stihl's best though. We all know that was the 044/440. The 361 was also way over hyped, it really needs a MM to get going. I like the new strato models, I just don't care for the spring anti-vibe. I will have to live with it though. :cheers:

Well, BS as usual - but who really cares...? :givebeer:

And the 455 was copied after the 290, too bad the 455 didn't sell as good.:D

The concept of a terd heavy, underpowered, but reliable cheapo, was already thought of...and the 290 ain't strato, and suffers the usual Stihl filter choking numb finger maladies.

Agreed on the 044/440.
Good saw, and the best stihl has come up with without blatently ripping off somebody else.:D

Nice try.
The 441 is a 455 Rancher ripoff. LOL!!
Deal with it.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

The concept of a terd heavy, underpowered, but reliable cheapo, was already thought of...and the 290 ain't strato, and suffers the usual Stihl filter choking numb finger maladies.

But yet out sold every other saw, other than maybe the pos WT. Must have really been a terd, LOL.

Nice try.
The 441 is a 455 Rancher ripoff. LOL!!
Deal with it.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I think that is the first BS post I've seen from you, LOL. Drinking tonight?:dizzy:

Hard to find good info in this one. Thought it was a great idea for a thread....what a waste

You guys are wasting your breath. Remember the old addage never argue with....

At least there are a couple of good posts explaining the concept.

BS eh? You would know, LOL. Posted plenty of it yourself.:ices_rofl:

Yes - they both are overweight turds with heavy plasic cases - but the similarity stops right there - then there are the AV, air filtration etc differenses!

Also, the 290 was a heavy turd long before the strato designes appeared, so there is no excuse in that case! :givebeer:

overweight Turd

I know one, that is his handle, not a Arborsite member but has a plastic Poulan.
I agree, this thread is going downhill.

im friends with quite a few landscapers, we are all fazing out redmax blowers....when i get more time ill post some pics of exploded redmax pistons, i saved one., going to replace another on its last legs. Im glad some dont have any probs, but around here redmaxs r a prob. my non strato 7001 is still running strong and its 8 years old......we use the 8001's for cleanups only they run for probably 6 hrs a day for a whole month, 6 days a week. They r too unreliable to use for a whole season.

Hey guys, anybody notice a familiar pattern here?

We have a thread titled "Husky X-torq design?" Most people would expect an intelligent discussion/explanation on how the technology works. And that's how it started out, with some excellent info from Mike.

But as early as post #10 we have the usual entrance of the site's #1 creamsicle sucker making some ridiculous claims about Stihl. And so another thread goes off the tracks; down the hill to the bottom of the gorge. Most of the next 40 posts are an exchange between this wonderful contributor to the site, and at least six different members by my count.

Yup, we've seen this a few times before.

Last edited:

We have a thread titled "Husky X-torq design?" Most people would expect an intelligent discussion/explanation on how the technology works. And that's how it started out, with some excellent info from Mike.

But as early as post #10 we have the usual entrance of the site's #1 creamsicle sucker making some ridiculous claims about Stihl. And so another thread goes off the tracks; down the hill to the bottom of the gorge. Most of the next 40 posts are an exchange between this wonderful contributor to the site, and at least six different members by my count.

LOL, the man's answer was made in post #2 and #4. In those posts, you won't find a better explanation of a strato engine. There is a thread at least once a week asking about "what is strato" or "are the stratos any good".:dizzy: Why not add some fun?

:clap::clap::clap: Seldom does a Husky thread come up that this guy doesn't highjack. Shame because it detracts from what this site's potential could be. EXCELLENT post Spike!!!!

Anybody got an animation of the new 372X-torque strato or some other "Diagram for dummies", so a comparison can be made to the old 575/576 strato design?

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

:clap::clap::clap: Seldom does a Husky thread come up that this guy doesn't highjack.
Just keeping up with the trolling troll.:D

Shame because it detracts from what this site's potential could be.
And you contribute so much, I could just stop posting?:monkey: This site would be boring if everyone was serious, poking fun keeps it alive.:clap:

As early as post 10 ya say, hmmmmmmmmm, well lookie here.

Typical dumpster candidate - not a very good saw!

Witchys saw, Dolmar PS5100SH (also may 2007). Rest in peace, my love!

Flying Witch smiley by talon1189.

That was post # 10 by Sawtroll in the "What to do with a MS390" thread. Whats the ole saying what goes around comes around or better yet whats good for the gander is good for the goose,haha. Sawtroll not only has a pattern of jumping in Stihl threads to bash I have a pattern of slapping his ole hiny everytime I catch him,haha. 2k is on team Sthil so I have to dig up dirt to defend him,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

All too familiar pattern.

Latest posts

Back