Husq 346 XP or 346 XP 2007 EDITION.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magiriano

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Got my Husqvarna 346 XP ordered from Abell Turf and Tractor about a week ago today.
Great eBay reviews plus when I questioned about the 2007 NEW Edition with the 50 cc and more HP I was assured that the chainsaws are 2007 models,arrived from Factory in Sept.However the ad says they`re 45 cc`s
Even the 45 cc XP sells for $150-200 more in Europe so I am fine either way,of course the 50 cc would be a bonus....
Is there a major difference between the two and how does 346 XP compare to Dolmar PS 5100?

NE 346xp is significantly stronger than old 346xp, compared to 5100 the new edition is about the same, maybe even stronger than 5100, while old edition wont stay with 5100....

There is a big differense in torque between the 45cc 346xp and the others, but it is a tad lighter than the new one, and has more rpms.

Bottom line - the 45cc 346 excell as a limbing saw, but imo not as an allround saw.

The 50cc 346 and the 5100S perform about the same, but the 346 revs up faster, is a bit lighter, and handles better for limbing etc.
On the flip side, the 5100 revs higher, and has an inboard clutch, which adds to versatility.

There is a big differense in torque between the 45cc 346xp and the others, but it is a tad lighter than the new one, and has more rpms.

Bottom line - the 45cc 346 excell as a limbing saw, but imo not as an allround saw.

The 50cc 346 and the 5100S perform about the same, but the 346 revs up faster, is a bit lighter, and handles better for limbing etc.
On the flip side, the 5100 revs higher, and has an inboard clutch, which adds to versatility.

Hey Troll I just got off the phone with my preferred Husky dealer and guess what, my new 346 is on the way. He assured me my 346 would cut 3 blocks off to your 346's one. Yup mine was custom made baby. Now whatcha gonna do when ole Daddy comes gunning for you,LOLOL

Now on the serious note, 16in or 18inch?? I'm thinking 16 would be fine, whatcha think?

Hey Troll I just got off the phone with my preferred Husky dealer and guess what, my new 346 is on the way. He assured me my 346 would cut 3 blocks off to your 346's one. Yup mine was custom made baby. Now whatcha gonna do when ole Daddy comes gunning for you,LOLOL

Now on the serious note, 16in or 18inch?? I'm thinking 16 would be fine, whatcha think?

28inch lp skip then you won't have to bend over. :greenchainsaw:

I believe 16" is just right for balance, but it will surely perform well with a 18" as well, like the 5100S. Myself, I want the added power of the 361, for an 18" bar.

13" and 95vp is standard here, but will not give this saw justice at all...:laugh: :laugh: :biggrinbounce2:

Is your dealer my friend Spike?

Last edited:
I believe 16" is just right for balance, but it will surely perform well with a 18" as well, like the 5100S. Myself, I want the added power of the 361, for an 18" bar.

13" and 95vp is standard here, but will not give this saw justice at all...:laugh: :laugh: :biggrinbounce2:

Is your dealer my friend Spike?

Say what, is my dealer friend named Spike, ya dayummm right. Oppppps just so the site police know, that saw wasn't sold over this site, it was sold over the phone. Spike and me converse by phone and also e-mail. I e-mailed that sucker awhile back and told him when he got those new 346's in I wanted one. Today he e-mailed me back and said its in. I called him up and we talk for about 30 minutes. He was busy in his shop as I was in mine. He even overheard me giving a feller some bar nuts for his Husky, free of charge. Spike is a ok guy 100%. I don't give a rip if he sells Husky or Fruit of the Looms, he's ok in my book. He told me my 346 had been super tuned to 32,000 rpms and only a bulldozer could stop it. I take him at his word,haha.
That reminds me, OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MANUAL we had a deal. If I bought one you said you would too so hop on the phone and give ole Spike a call, he has them saws in and ready to go. He told me he was gonna tune yours to 31,999 rpms since I bought first,LOLOL

LOL, those Elux boys betta hope that saw doesn't leak.:cry: :cry:

Awwwwwwww no fear on that this time. Even if it does I know my man will take care of it so I'm not worried at all about that.

By the way ole boy, it was nice to look under the hood of that 440 you got. I knew that dayumm saw wasn't on the up and up. I don't know who did the porting work on it but they sure did a fine looking job. Now I know why it doesn't run like a regular 440. That thing is built for speed and man does it fly,wow.

Latest posts

Back