husqavarna 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its just an AVERAGE saw nothing special, It vibrates a little less than my 242XP but no way would i swap!

What did that 242xp, or it's replacement, cost? What is the price of a 346xp new?
THAT IS WHAT MADE THIS SAW STAND OUT!!!! Muffler modded, it would un with an MS260 easy (not that hard to do). Ported I think it runs better than a 346xp (MY opinion). BUT, notheless, half? the price of either saw?
Best bang for buck, means IT'S CHEAP, and still runs good.
Maybe not that impresive, but put in a decent perspective, it comes together.

What did that 242xp, or it's replacement, cost? What is the price of a 346xp new?
THAT IS WHAT MADE THIS SAW STAND OUT!!!! Muffler modded, it would un with an MS260 easy (not that hard to do). Ported I think it runs better than a 346xp (MY opinion). BUT, notheless, half? the price of either saw?

:agree2:
bang for BUCK, its an under $300 saw new!
Dok

Not that cheap here in the UK about $700

http://www.abbeygardensales.co.uk/chainsaws/husqvarna-chainsaws/[email protected]

A makita dcs5001 is the same price and thats almost a Dolmar 5100
Thats more bang for the buck IMO

Well, The guy that wanted $150 for the 350 said he would take a cord of wood for it...

Hopefully I can get over to look at it and close the deal! :clap:

Is there anything I should look for? Besides taking the muffler off and checking the piston.

Last edited:
That is about failiure to do the prescribed maintenace..........:givebeer:

What maintenance would you prescribe for a muffler that falls off every 30 minutes of cutting time?I tried locktite, lock washers, longer bolts, you name it.
Not trying to argue with you, but I have never had to do maintence to a muffler besides the usual cleaning.

What maintenance would you prescribe for a muffler that falls off every 30 minutes of cutting time?I tried locktite, lock washers, longer bolts, you name it.
Not trying to argue with you, but I have never had to do maintence to a muffler besides the usual cleaning.

Did you try a simple locking tab? I guess thats just what I call it. A simple sheet metal plate behind the bolt heads thats bent over the flats of the bolt heads.

Like the one on a Jonsereds 49sp. It could be made very easy. I'll post the picture of mine, but keep in mind that I didnt bend the tabs over before the picture. If you need I'll take another photo.

Did you try a simple locking tab? I guess thats just what I call it. A simple sheet metal plate behind the bolt heads thats bent over the flats of the bolt heads.

Like the one on a Jonsereds 49sp. It could be made very easy. I'll post the picture of mine, but keep in mind that I didnt bend the tabs over before the picture. If you need I'll take another photo.

Never could find a hex headed bolt that was the right length to fit it, the stock bolts were round headed allen bolts. After the last round with green locktite that didnt hold it, I turned it in and the dealer gave me the new 455 in its place. It was still under warranty, and I was tired of dealing with it.

Yeah I just figured it wouldn't be hard to find hex head bolts.

I have never had the bolts in my 350 come loose and it gets run alot.

If mine come loose I will but hex heads in it, even if I have to cut down, rethread them with the locking plate. I'm sure that will fix em.

Last edited:
If the saw had been a no returner, I would have done the same, cut a bolt down and used a locking plate. didnt have the right sized die, and didnt feel like buying one to fix a saw that dropped the muffler twice in one day when it was under warranty. The sad part of it is, the dealer got no help from Husky concerning the problem, even after several of the saws showed up with the same problem. They acted like they didnt even care about the problem.

The price picture obviously varies around the world.....:)

Btw, the DCS5001 is the PS5000, not the PS5100S - there are some differences, that make the 5100S a better saw.

I am sure you know that, but some readers may not know.......

thats why i used the word ALMOST!
And i dont think we have proved that the 5001 is much behind a 5100 as i cant find a 5001 parts list YET!!!
Im betting there is less differences than you think!:cheers:

All screws are supposed to be tightened at some interval - but something obviously was wrong if it fell off every 30 minutes.

Lots of 350s are run for years, without any trouble with the muffler falling off......:)

Last edited:
thats why i used the word ALMOST!
And i dont think we have proved that the 5001 is much behind a 5100 as i cant find a 5001 parts list YET!!!
Im betting there is less differences than you think!:cheers:

The 5000 share the part list with the 5100 and several others, so it is easy to find out what is different........:givebeer: :cheers:

The 5000 share the part list with the 5100 and several others, so it is easy to find out what is different........:givebeer: :cheers:

Ok heres a challenge. Find me a Makita DCS5000/5001 IPL
I have the dolmar version already.
Im thinking the differences are minor the 1000 rpm more coil aint going to make a difference in the cut, Im betting its the same crank also!:givebeer:

my 350's bolts have never come loose in 4 years of hard use. When i limb a downed tree its the first saw i grab its a lightweight sob paid $150 for mine. it was a lowes return maybe used 1 time when i got it.If i had to pay full price, i would have spent the extra $$ on the 346 or a dolmar 5100s.

Latest posts

Back