Husqvarna 133, 234, 238 - how rare in the US?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computeruser

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So I was getting the saws ready for tomorrow's work - 238se and 346xp - and got to wondering how rare the little Husqvarnas are in the US. I am particularly wondering about the 133 and 234, of which I have never seen a single example, but also the 238. I know the 42, 242, and 246 were sold in good numbers, but it seems that the little ones were not.

If anyone has a sense of how many are/were out there, or has actual numbers, I would be interested to know. I really want to add an example or two of the smaller displacement models to my inventory...if I can find them!

not sure of 238 rarity, but I bought one new in 1984 and still use it. bought two more, the third just last month...it was the dealer's personal saw and is in near new condition.

ive seen a running 133 other then that only 42 242 246 but lots of them.
I have a good 238 jug no slug and its missing the rest of the saw hahaha

Here in Norway they are super rare, seems they where sold in a decent nunber in Sweeden, at least you see one for sale now and then there.
What is the specification on 133,234 and 238?

In the absence of a definitive answer I'd say it's unlikely there were official sales of 133 in the US. It was such a niche market saw, specifically for professional situations where chain speed/inertia was key and power not so important.
FWIW I picked up a 133sg locally (only one I've yet to run across though) but also live close enough to the north east Canadian border that saws do occasionally filter down here from there.
Much of their timber industry up there (as well as northern Maine) is/was pulpwood so popular were a lot of the aforementioned small 'revvy' type saws like the 133, 444, dolmar 110 and jred 451.
It seems equally rare to the 133 to see a 234, though 238's seem relatively common considering the short timeframe in which they were sold.
40 practica is another that's fairly uncommon, I wouldn't call 140/240/340's quite common but see them regularly, while 44's and 42's are all over the place.

Latest posts

Back