Husqvarna 141 crank seals?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xjma

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I haven't pressure tested the saw yet but idle is weird....and can't get it to idle and not move the chain. Are the crank seals replaceable on this saw?? I'm hopefully just getting ahead of myself!!

Anyone? Are there no crank seals in the 141 husky?

My 141 has crank seals they look to be part of the bearing assembly but I haven't pulled it apart because I havent done a pressure/vac test. Could you have a carb that needs cleaning or a dirty clutch drum ?

I have a brand new carb that's going in but I want to pressure test first. Haven't thought of the clutch drum...I wonder if weak/worn out springs could cause the chain to not stop?

And I guess it would make sense that the seals were part of the bearings since I can't find the seals listed!! Thanx.

I have a brand new carb that's going in but I want to pressure test first. Haven't thought of the clutch drum...I wonder if weak/worn out springs could cause the chain to not stop?

And I guess it would make sense that the seals were part of the bearings since I can't find the seals listed!! Thanx.

It has a single wrap around clutch spring. I bought a ebay PP255 that is similar with a dry partially rusted drum bearing that would spin the drum at a slow idle. Ever oil or grease the drum bearing ?

Last edited:
I has a single wrap around clutch spring. I bought a ebay PP255 that is similar with a dry partially rusted drum bearing that would spin the drum at a slow idle. Ever oil or grease the drum bearing ?

Nope...that very well could be the issue, thanx!!

Those clutch springs are a weak spot. I broke one in mine. Brand new clutch was like $10, though so I replaced it along with a GB rim and drum to go full 3/8 and mmed it, too. It's no 346, but for what it is, it kicks!

I broke the spring in my 142 too. It's the same as the WildThing clutch so I borrowed one from some spare parts.

I did the pressure test and it help well with the crank rotating....don't have a vacuum pump but I was satisfied with the pressure test. Now I just need to figure out how to get the clutch drum off so I can replace it and the clutch spring. The drum doesn't look so worn on the inside (surprisingly) but the spur is beat. Do you recommend using new clutch weights too or wait until the clutch is slipping?

Replace the shoes too go .325 sprocket an bar with stihl rsc chain 16" muffler modded these lil homeowner saws rip . Id sooner sell my 036 stihl to my 141 husky setup this way.

it is a clam shell,, pull the crank out,, the fly wheel side is easy to replace,, the clutch side you have to pull the oiler gear off to replace the seal

Replace the shoes too go .325 sprocket an bar with stihl rsc chain 16" muffler modded these lil homeowner saws rip . Id sooner sell my 036 stihl to my 141 husky setup this way.
They sure do, but even more so with the 0.043" narrow gauge MicroLight (Oregon 91S) 16" B&C on the later 142's. I run my other saws and think they work really nice, and then I run the muffler modded 142 with that narrow kerf chain, and well, that thing is fast. It just burbles no-load and with the narrow chain it can really turn some rpms in the cut. I was using it a lot today in oak, and it still makes me giggle.

If you want to go 0.325" the sprockets from the Poulan 2775 - PP295 - PP4620 range will fit.

Last edited:
I found mine in the ipl to the saw theyll run 325 I like it because if im paying 20 $ for lo pro to wear out too fast an its not chisel its chamfer plus tooth durability hasnt been there so I upped mine to the big chain and hard stihl cutters are hard to beat . Personally I hate chamfer for sharpening seems like you have to take off way more tooth each filing

LOL! I did my last post as an experiment (not that it isn't true) - I noticed that with this juvenile "credit" system I get docked credit every time I mention MicroLite chain. MicroLite! MicroLite! MicroLite! Man, somebody needs to grow up. Why would anyone care about their credits?

Lol ok ok I know its not as big as my 036 an all

I will trade him two 141's for an 036.

But this 141 I have is the very first saw I ever bought new an modded . It surely is a underestimated homeowner saw , once its setup properly . Honestly im just not that impressed with my 036 . Its a good saw starts on the third pull without even using the choke, but its highly overrated in my opinion. My 262 runs circles around it , and dont think me as brand bashing here either , cause I like the 036. But in all honesty I prefer a lot more power out of a smaller saw then five pounds extra weight the bigger saws bring with thier power. Hell my 5105 feels more powerful pound for pound , but I do use the rollomatic es bars in wide nose on the stihls which adds a good bit. Maybe ill send my 141 out to you for a full woods port brad lol.

I have a couple of 036's and a couple of 262's, and I don't see a lot of difference in the power. The 262 is stronger, but the difference is not night and day. The 262 does sound better!!
Weight-wise, the 5100 and 036 are within about 4-5 ounces of each other and the 036 is definitely stronger. Maybe your saw isn't running up to par.

Lol everyone assumes the 036 isnt up to par but it out cuts a friends 036 an a 361 I cut beside twice a month . My chains are razor sharp as well but that solid es bar makes almost a pound in itself vs the laminated bars on my dolmar and huskys . I think huskys more of a rpm saw and stihls more or less torque saws. I run 20" s on all my saws 50 cc an up all with 3/8 chains and by far the 5105 out cuts em . The little 141 runs the 16" prolite with rsc .325 and for what it is , its unbelievable keeping in mind its only a 200 $ off the big box store shelf saw.

Latest posts

Back