Husqvarna 2100 Carb Settings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are no 'standard' settings for a saw carburetor. Each saw will need to be tuned to the conditions (temperature, humidity, elevation, fuel quality, etc). Mike gave you the initial settings. Seat the saw at those and tune from there.

There are no 'standard' settings for a saw carburetor. Each saw will need to be tuned to the conditions (temperature, humidity, elevation, fuel quality, etc). Mike gave you the initial settings. Seat the saw at those and tune from there.

I always set my carbs to the standard setting to start then tune later. The saw also has a slight miss here and there in cut...change the spark plug and check the ignition? I know there's no adjustment of the gap between your flywheel and ignition but maybe the ignition has a screw loose...

Could be you have a chaffed kill wire, shorting momentarily.

Set mine 1 L 1 H, usually end up at 1.125 L and a little under 1 H

I'm thinking that the slight miss you're hearing is 4-stroking. I hope you aren't trying to tune the saw so that it runs clean at WOT out of the cut. That'll make it lean out under load. Tune that saw per my sig line.

Also, that saw has a high speed governor valve in the carburetor. It's supposed to open up and richen the mixture when the engine hits a certain RPM. That can cause a fellow to think the saw is 4-stroking (and therefore properly tuned) at WOT unloaded when it is in fact still too lean. For governed saws, you really have to tune it in the wood. Get it warmed up and then get into a cut. When you lift the cutting load, it should 4-stroke right away.

I'm thinking that the slight miss you're hearing is 4-stroking. I hope you aren't trying to tune the saw so that it runs clean at WOT out of the cut. That'll make it lean out under load. Tune that saw per my sig line.

Also, that saw has a high speed governor valve in the carburetor. It's supposed to open up and richen the mixture when the engine hits a certain RPM. That can cause a fellow to think the saw is 4-stroking (and therefore properly tuned) at WOT unloaded when it is in fact still too lean. For governed saws, you really have to tune it in the wood. Get it warmed up and then get into a cut. When you lift the cutting load, it should 4-stroke right away.

It's not just the "4 stroke" sound. I've got another 2100 and I know what it's suppose to sound like and this one sounds different. Just a slight miss in cut. I was thinking about plugging the governor and tuning it. I probably run my older saws a little rich just to be safe and I test them in and out of cut.

The saw still has a miss in cut after fixing a bad spark plug boot and replaced the spark plug. Tried pulling the flywheel but it won't move. Put a turkey foot puller with 3 screws threaded down into the flywheel and crushed multiple washers on the screws trying to pull the flywheel. We tried put WD-40 on the shaft and taping the puller with a hammer when you were pulling it but no go. Finally we put 2 screws out and pulled the threads on the flywheel. Any ideas on how to put this tough flywheel?

Latest posts

Back