Husqvarna 2101xp chainbrake replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devyn

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all

Now that i know the model number of the husqvarna i picked up on the weekend, from the aid of a friendly forum member, im wondering is there a newer chain brake that will fit my 2101xp, forgive my knowledge, just want to get her running

I been thinking why can’t a newer saw that uses the same diameter clutch drum be bent to fit a 480/285/298/1100/2100/2101?

I been thinking why can’t a newer saw that uses the same diameter clutch drum be bent to fit a 480/285/298/1100/2100/2101?
Like a 181 or 288 perhaps. If the saw in question is the one in his profile pic I believe it is the chain brake with the adjuster knob on it. If his cover is good I might have the guts for it. Huskybill have you made any brake bands for theise saws

I just ordered some brake bands to make them possibly fit the 480/285/298/2100/1100/2102 saws. Not sure of what covers I have thatvhave the inner working parts. I’m in no rush right now just thinking ahead.

When I purchased my first ‘80 2100 I ordered the brake with it, the husky rep said it will tear brake bands up. At $5 a band safety first I never lost a brake band.

Thanks for all your replys guys, just uploaded a pic, im missing the actual brake mechanism, if i want to use it with out chain brake, do i just take out the brake band in the cover? Total newbie here

Attachments

• 20190924_162840.jpg
    20190924_162840.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 8
  • downloadfile.jpg
    downloadfile.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 8
You might be better off to do a search for 380,480,1100,etc. clutch cover as there are aftermarket covers available that are plain with no brake band parts. That way if you ever came across the parts you need the cover you have is good to go. The aftermarket plain covers were not pricey, +$20.00 ish plus shipping each.

The OEM brake parts are hard to find and typically pricey as others have mentioned.

Thanks for all the replys

I finally tore into it, removed the clutch cover, and the whole chain brake has been removed, so i guess it is what it is, no chain brake, oh well still love it

I found what I thought was the parts but I think it’s a 288 parts so it won’t work I don’t think

I would like to have a chain brake on my 2100 also. Seems many years ago I read on here, or somewhere, that a 288 clutch cover/brake assembly would bolt right onto a 2100. So, a couple years ago I was at my Husky dealer, who keeps an incredible inventory. I asked the service guy if he might try the 288 cover on my 2100, and he set it on the saw. He did not want to put the nuts on, because it was a new assembly, and at some point he would need to sell it as new, but as far as we could see, it looked like it would go on and function properly. The only real issue was that the plastic brake flag was really close to the handlebar…. so close I don't think your fingers would even fit between. But, perhaps the brake flag could be warmed up and bent a bit ? Maybe someone on AS could actually try a 288 cover ??

Latest posts

Back