Husqvarna 235 fuel line and carb replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bcroot

Reaction score
Picked up a husq 235 for pretty cheap. Got it running by swapping in a new carb, but was still experiencing some issues with the saw running while cutting. Decided to replace fuel lines and filter.

Upon emptying the fuel tank, there wasn’t even a fuel filter attached so I threw a new one on.
My question is where does the hose from the bottom of the carb (circled blue) to the hole ( circled green) go? Does it go all the way to the bottom of the tank, or just barely in? And what is function of this line? Made a mistake and didn’t pay enough attention to where it was routed in the tank before taking the saw apart. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 037F2B07-DA8C-4C9D-8FF7-32BDA05E3302.jpeg
    037F2B07-DA8C-4C9D-8FF7-32BDA05E3302.jpeg
    491.4 KB · Views: 7
Been a while but I believe that line goes into the fuel tank with a filter on the end. The purge bulb has two lines. One attaches to the left side of the carb, drawing fuel from the tank thru the carb and into the bulb. The other pushes excess fuel back into the tank.

The line should protrude into the tank a few inches so as the saw is tipped the filter can always drop to the lowest point. Not too much hose that it coils up without moving though.

Back