• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 261

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gopher Hunter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
IMG_2380.jpg View attachment 366072 IMG_2382a.jpg View attachment 366072 View attachment 366071 261.jpg Greetings

Looking to sell (or trade) a recently acquired Husqvarna 261. Purchased this recently from another forum member but decided I really want an auto-tune saw.

The bar and chain are new (never used) but note that the bar is a K041 mount. Oils and adjusts fine.

The saw starts right up but I didn't run it in wood. No decompression valve but it's an easy starter.

Would sell the PHO for $235 (my preference) or with the bar/chain for $270 US. I can demo/deliver the saw in Prescott Az or Ventura/SB Ca.

I would also consider trades (Husky 261 + cash) for a like new Husky 555.

regards
JohnG

Attachments

• IMG_2383a.jpg
    IMG_2383a.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 15
Nice saw!
261-jpg.360701

All 261's have decompression valves - was the decompression valve removed and plugged or is the cylinder not original?
Removed and plugged.

FWIW, if I kept the saw I wouldn't bother putting a decompression valve on the saw.

Here's a pic of the PTO side of the saw.

Attachments

• 261 right.jpg
    261 right.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 126
Ahhhh, sorry about that - my bad!

I always find it odd that if this was a 262xp, it would be gone at the original price in probably less than a day. But make it a 261, which only needs a different piston and maybe a little muffler work to make it perform like a 262xp and you can't sell for weeks! I guess that people really want the tags and stickers, not the performance.

Latest posts

Back