Husqvarna 261

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burchie70

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone own a 261 and is it worth this money and an hour ride ? He doesn’t say what’s wrong with the brake. Thanks
F832E66C-B280-4387-ADFC-A404FCF02AF4.jpeg

Yes. It's a lesser 262. Meaning open port, lower powered saw. It should be a torquey little bugger. 150 bucks in good running order is a very fair price for that, imo. I haven't run one tho, so...

ps, the brake could be melted at the base. The side exhaust was known to do that..I still haven't made a better deflector for my 262 to eliminate that potential mess. Mine is perfect yet, but still it is a concern on these saws.

there's a really good video by afleetcommand and spike60 that describes the whole family of similar saws. That would be worthwhile for you to check out.

Thanks, I’m going to message the guy and tell him I’ll take it. I have a 266xp and I love that saw. I made a deflector for one of my saws, I’ll post a picture of it tomorrow if I don’t forget. Thanks again

Also if your clutch cover is part of the problem and you want a cheap fix you can buy a Chinese one from a 55 husky and modify the cover a bit.

I messaged the guy this afternoon and told him I was on my way over to buy it which was an hour away from my house. When I got there he said someone just bought it and already left with it. I wasn’t very happy with him to say the least

I have a Husqvarna 261 And a Stihl 462. I love both. I bought the 261 new in 1999. It wears a 24” bar and full comp chain with no issues. They are good saws.

Sorry about the lame buyer. If he acknowledged you when you said on the way then sold it before you got there, that’s really not ok.

Back