Husqvarna 262

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Ray

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
guy at local flea market had a husky 262 but wouldn't give me a price as he couldn't start it, didn't look too bad compression seemed ok , only bad thing I saw was the choke lever had been replaced with a bent wire. He mumbled a price of 100.00 but I won't do that what would you think would be a good price has a good bar and chain, . I can do any needed repairs myself, just never had or used a husky.

Go back, take 4 and 5mm hex wrenches with you, pull the muffler and look at the piston- minimum.
For my money converted to your money) if he is asking $100- it is worth $50-75 as it DOES NOT run.
Say you get it for $75, is it worth poking another $300 into- could cost that in new parts to get going. Do tidy, running, similar CC saws go for $300- $400 in your area?

The 2 series Husqvarna saws are very easy to work on and broken choke rods are not an uncommon fault- aftermarket replacement rods work just fine.

Thanks for the reply I was thinking I would offer 50 bucks max, and only because it has a good bar and chain I could use on another of my saws. Thanks again getting old and don't have confidence in my judgement.

Thanks for the reply I was thinking I would offer 50 bucks max, and only because it has a good bar and chain I could use on another of my saws. Thanks again getting old and don't have confidence in my judgement.

Just check- the 262 over here was K095 Husqvarna small mount saws- Not D009, 262 was the cutoff point for us locally- all bigger saws 266 and up had D009 mount.
I seem to remember reading somewhere, some US models were small and others large mount.
Check to see the bar is compatible with the other saws you were thinking of using it on- if not, it might be a $30 saw to you, or you might be better to spend your money elsewhere.

Just check- the 262 over here was K095 Husqvarna small mount saws- Not D009, 262 was the cutoff point for us locally- all bigger saws 266 and up had D009 mount.
I seem to remember reading somewhere, some US models were small and others large mount.
Check to see the bar is compatible with the other saws you were thinking of using it on- if not, it might be a $30 saw to you, or you might be better to spend your money elsewhere.
I'd be surprised if a unique D009 154/154/257/262 crankcase and clutch cover was made for US market. In Australia 262s were shipped with 3/8 bars, chains & drive rims rather than .325 gear.

I'd be surprised if a unique D009 154/154/257/262 crankcase and clutch cover was made for US market. In Australia 262s were shipped with 3/8 bars, chains & drive rims rather than .325 gear.

Thats why I did not claim the "some were D009" as fact- I have never seen such- but can remember reading some debate about the fact.
All ours on this side of the ditch were 3/8" saws as well. ;)

Back