• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 262xp/261 hybrid ...rebuilt and ported for sale!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyo

Youtube Speciawist
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I bought 3 parts saws, I will be keeping one of them, and selling the other 2. This is the first one of the bunch up for sale. Its a 261 chassis, which was fine when I got it...so it has not been split. Crank seemed fine and there was no play in the bearings. I machined the chassis to optimize squish and build a 262xp ontop of it :) The P&C is oem, used. New caber ring. There is a total of maybe 3-4 minutes of run time so far on this saw for general tuning. I have it in the ballpark, but tuning will need to be optimized by the owner. New spark plug. Muffler has been opened up a bit, but retained the spark screen. Timing is around 103-118-72 just as Mastermind suggested. Now...before anyone gets upset that I'm using his numbers to make money, I'm selling this saw for what I have into it, not as profit. This was built as a learning experience for me, and as such I can't charge labor for the rebuild. Compression is at 175+ cold this morning. The carb is the hda120 ...not kitted, but I did take it apart and clean it...seems fine. It has a hyway decomp valve and base gasket. Everything is also greased, loctited blue/red, or loctite 515 on the gaskets. There will be a video on youtube eventually of the bolt for bolt build on this saw. I have all the footage but have not edited it.

The saw is not a looker, and the plastics are faded, but its got it where it counts...someone will have fun with this guy.

It is the saw in this thread ...I did take the sticker off.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/262xp-day.277547/page-37

Price is $400 + ship, firm. PHO .... PP FF. I will offer a 30 day warrantee ...for non-commercial use... and I will pay return shipping if I messed something up.

pics to be added

Caveats:

The only actual defect that I see is the crack in the starter cover...which is pictured.

I'm not a professional porter/ builder, just doing this for fun. I do not claim to be as good as the pro's on this site. Just wanted to resurrect a few saws and see what I could do. Thanks for looking!

I'm building one for myself right now, and have another one beyond that in the works that'll i'll need to move as well. my problem is that I buy too much stuff ...and end up needing to sell things just to cover my losses haha. I end up resurrecting some saws in the process, so hopefully others get to enjoy them. I don't need to make money off these because I'm having fun and learning things in the process. ...plus I usually get a youtube video out of it!

it looks like it needs at least a once over, so i don't feel quite so bad takin it in trade. if it was any nicer i wouldn't have done the trade... i'm gonna give it a look over, and possibly offer it for sale...we'll see :)

let the 262xp idle for 30 minutes or so today to break it in a bit.... ran fine. when it cooled down checked the comp...nearly 180psi. nice....should be a potent saw for the buyer!

dude, you have like the most perfect 288 on the planet... this one leaves a lot to be desired compared to yours!! hehe....

I will oblige eventually though.... lemme get some sleep first, this has been a long week. I dunno if i'll do this one up or not... might just dismantle, clean, light port, and put back together for a youtube vid who knows

Back