Husqvarna 266xp Carb issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husky266

Reaction score
My 266xp recently started revving high then bogging while cutting. I took it to my local dealer and he adjusted the carb and it ran for about ten minutes before it started bogging again only this time it didnt rev high before bogging. I took it back and he checked the tank vent and verified that it was working so he changed the spark plug and fuel filter. That seemed to make it better but he told me that I needed a muffler because it wasnt baffling correctly and that I needed a carb because the high set screw was adjusted all the way in and it was still running. I was told by another mechanic that the carb could possibly be dumping fuel internally and that he would rebuild the carb since it has never been done since I bought it new. Has anyone encountered this issue and if so what fixed it. I dont mind replacing the carb if I have to but if it can be fixed with a rebuild I would rather go that route. Thanks!

Ouch. The issue with your muffler is the spark arrester.. Pull the thing done.

If someone has been into your needle valves then it's a new ball game. At times I can tune a carb back.....but.....If someone has bottomed a carb out. Meaning turning a screw a little tight. I might be able to get it running.

Latest posts

Back