Husqvarna 266xp model year help?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panda

Reaction score
I have a Husqvarna 266xp that was given to me that i need parts for. all the sites i look at ask me for a model year how do i find this out?

The model year for Husqvarna chainsaws is usually the first digit or digits in the serial number. In your case the 266 was produced from 1981 to 1994, so it should be the first single digit. For example if the first digit is a 3 on a black tag then it's 1983. If it's a 3 on a silver tag than it's 1993.

Hope this helps.

What about my Husqvarna?

I have a Husqvarna 266 xp also. It has a silver tag and the number starts with 63. Was it made in 96?

I have a Husq 51 with serial number starting with a 5 on a black tag. Does that mean it is from 1985? When I look at the parts finder on Bailey's it indicates the Husq 51 was made starting in 1990.

I wrote to Husq customer svc as suggested by chainsawland. They got back to me with good info. I have a black serial tag on a Husq 51 with serial number 5021444.

They told me it was built the 2d week of 1995 and it was purchased at Sears (I bought it used).

Back