• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 288xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle.kipple

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This saw will need some TLC.
Has a smudge on the piston that is visible. I don't think its nearly bad enough to hurt the cylinder but it will need tore down. New piston and ring at the least eventually. The piston in it is a new Meteor with 4-5 hours run time so I was told. Previous owner (for whatever reason) painted one side of the top cover and a small portion by the starter cover. AV mounts feel tired. Handle has a small crack in the handle.

140lbs compression slightly warm. Saw idles and revs really well. Mahle cylinder. New AM muffler with flaking paint. Clutch cover has been recently replaced and is in great condition other than the sticker.

300.00$ plus the ride PHO
IMG_2457.JPG IMG_2458.JPG IMG_2459.JPG IMG_2460.JPG IMG_2461.JPG IMG_2462.JPG IMG_2463.JPG IMG_2465.JPG IMG_2468.JPG

thanks Brett, that is a very good deal this will not last long... Brett I sold my 562xp 2012 model have my eye on a new 2260 jonsered from @fordf150 a 562 series saw is a saw that I cant do without my (new ) favorite saw for now till next week when I sell it ;)

Thanks man. I've been doing good. Very busy 2016 with building my pole barn. Haven't had much time to play with anything else. How's things over there?

It's been going alright. Just been busy myself. Haven't had much time for saws myself either lately! It has been so damn cold around here that I haven't wanted to do anything outside.

no problem.i thank ya.been wanting another 288 to replace the one i sold to a friend to help him out with firewood.one of these days though.

Had some interest in this saw and was approached nervously due to the unknown condition of the cylinder. I popped it off and did one pass with red scotch brite. One small mark 1/2"above ((correction...as pictures show its right at the exhaust roof)) the exhaust port is the only one that is noticeable with a fingernail on the ehxaust side. It's only 1/4" long if that. Very usable cylinder
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back