Husqvarna 3120

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

large52

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Have the opportunity to buy a 3120 for a pretty reasonable price. Wondering what they are worth and if anyone is interested?

Just from that I'd say $500 would be a starting point if it runs.

Full wrap (nice) and no dogs makes me think it was a milling saw. They go around $800 in nice shape around here but I woild look at the piston carefully and check compression.

So ended up purchasing the saw and it is in really good shape. Compression and piston look amazing, I don't believe this saw has many hours on it. Anyways in needs spikes and a top cover for the air filter. Does this label tell what year it is?

99 model. Probably be easiest to find it at a dealer. They have different air filter set ups available.

I would go with the oiled foam. In the winter I use regular paper filter because...well...snow isn't abrasive. EBay will be your friend for the parts you need, you can also enter a WTB ad up in the trading post or on another site. You'll get whatever you need.

Now is the time to start reading up on 3120's; there are some accessories you'll want to consider if you will run in the cold. Also, a couple carb types if you are willing to anty up the coin.

Now you have to start saving up to have the saw Snellerized, Monkeyed, Masterminded or send to any of the other really good builders (and there are quite a few), who can turn that plain jane muscle saw into a monster. I sure love mine.

Back